Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
I'll be throwing on a tri-tip in an hour.

Difference is mine will be melting the snow off. It is currently 34 mixed snow and rain but has been dropping fast expecting 2" and 19* by 08:00 that's 8 AM. I'll have to use it every couple of days through spring in order to keep access to it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yea, N Idaho has ALL 4 seasons. It puts another challenge in the mix. I unfortunately spent a few years in N CA, 1 hour N of the Napa Valley. It was easy year round. Winter consisted of rain.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I'll be throwing on a tri-tip in an hour.

Difference is mine will be melting the snow off. It is currently 34 mixed snow and rain but has been dropping fast expecting 2" and 19* by 08:00 that's 8 AM. I'll have to use it every couple of days through spring in order to keep access to it.
Damn it Builder man, you are pretty damn hard core when it comes down to doing smokes .

Does that make you like a One Percenter here ?

Much respect

·
Registered
979 Posts
You have obviously never stepped out the door of an aircraft at 28000 feet in the dark of night over a hostile country that "We were never in."
Oh well not everybody can live life to the fullest.>:)

Rangers Lead The Way!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well it's coming along. It's 17:40 (5:40PM) should be done by 19:00 (7:00PM). Took 1.5hrs to get the smoker up to temp. Oh and currently 29*. Snow didn't stick but more expected tonight.

Food Aluminium foil Foil Cuisine Dish

Attachments

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking good!

Here's mine after 6 hours in the smoker around 225, than 1-1/2 hours in the oven at 350 - someone is getting impatient...

Did sandwiches with KC Masterpiece & home made slaw, then went back for second with some blueberry-chipotle sauce my daughter brought back from 12 Bones in Asheville.

Attachments

·
Registered
979 Posts
The wife and I liked it I liked it again today as a samich!

Oh and can't see the smoke ring due to the marinade stain. Marinaded and then put in a vacuum container for an hour.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't take a photo, but a few hours after I put the pork shoulder in, I threw in a couple of turkey thighs in with it for the last few hours, then finished them in the oven also. We wrapped them up and re-heated last night and they were fantastic!

Thanksgiving was the first time I had smoked turkey, but it may end up being my new go-to.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anyone doing a cook today?

I just put a couple of pork shoulders in the smoker. I have a corned beef point soaking that I'm going to put in in a couple of hours for a cheater pastrami.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.