Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Smittybilt has a promo that is when you buy front and rear XRC bumpers they give you a free set of rock sliders. I need all of this (plus the swing away tire carrier) for my 05 LJ. If anyone has experience with any of these I would appreciate your feedback.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I have the smittybilt front stinger. I like it alot. It fit very well and seems to be very well made

·
Registered
749 Posts
i have the xrc front bumber src rear bumper and xrc sliders, i only bought them because they were cheap, at that time i wasnt a member for people to talk me out of them. the rear bumper is ok (src, not xrc) i hate the front bumper, in the spring im gonna cut it up and modify it. the sliders are ok but rust has definitly been an issue, i need to pull them off this spring and repaint them. if i could do it again, i would go with a poison spyder front bumper( very reasonally priced), havent really looked into rear bumpers in awhile but the one i have is ok, its not great but its a decent tire carrier and and has the welded shackles for d-rings, and as far as sliders go, smittybilts instructions have you cut your body mounts for them to work. but the choice is yours. buy what you think looks good. but remember there powder coating will peel if you look at it the wrong way...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I got the front fenders, sliders and rear armor. I like all if it so far.

·
Wooly Member
724 Posts
We installed the XRC rear with tire swing at the shop on a customer's TJ and seemed pretty solid.
Haven't heard back from them with any complaints.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have no experience with the xrc rear bumper.
I do have the xrc front bumper on my 2003 rubicon and I like it.
I used to have the same front bumper on my 1997 TJ.

On the 97 I had a src rear bumper and it was doing its job but:
it has been a pain to install...(it s better if you drop the gas tank)
quality was not astonishing.

In fact I will go in a different direction this time.

Pic of the front XRC bumper installed below (took with my cell, sorry for quality).

Attachments

·
Disturbed Jeepaholic
41,576 Posts
I have the sliders and couldn't be happier for the $185 shipped I paid.Perfect fit,well made and go up to the doors.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Smittybilt is the same as anyone else. Same metal, same thickness, same hardness. They just use realistic prices.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Smittybilt has a promo that is when you buy front and rear XRC bumpers they give you a free set of rock sliders. I need all of this (plus the swing away tire carrier) for my 05 LJ. If anyone has experience with any of these I would appreciate your feedback.
Do you have a link to that deal?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
everyone complains about smittybilt's powder coating,but i have american made stuff that came powder coated and none of it has held up through just one winter with salty roads. my AtoZ winch plate is built great,but there is rust coming through the powder coating all over it after just about 6 months of being mounted. Meanwhile, the poison spyder stinger that i coated in POR-15 is in perfect shape. The winch plate and the stinger were mounted at the same time, so they were both subjected to the same conditions for the same amount of time.

If I were to buy the smittybuilt stuff, i would coat it all in a good layer of monstaliner :cheers2:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Try 4wheelonline.com

There prices seem to be cheaper than anyone else a they have free shipping on just about everything.
Thank you. That seems like a pretty good deal but I like the basic SRC bumpers better and those on not an option for the free sliders.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've got the xrc front and back and the rocker sliders. I had no problems installing them, It is hard to wash the mud out of them, the rear is kind of boxed in, and the sliders go to the body mount, so have to reach under. other wise there just fine to me. O. and I do wish there was place to put the safety chains on for pulling a trailer. but no big deal to fix

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the XRC front and rear bumpers. The front is great. The winch mounted on it has done quite a few hard pulls and there's no sign of the slightest problem. The rear is absolutely GARBAGE! This photo is what happens when you actually use the trailer hitch built in to it. As the cheap, undersized, misfitting steel mounting plates began to fold, and then actually tear, I had to hold it together with ratchet straps to get home. The trailer that did all this damage weighed less than a thousand pounds. It actually got even worse after I took that photo. I've since had a machine shop cut off Smittybilt's attempt at mounting plates and had proper one's welded on. Much better.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Where are you finding this promo at?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I've got 1st hand experience with the rear src bumper. After using it for a while it seems to grow on ya for the price... Lol!

C.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts