Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Price $279.99
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: very heavy rough texture very smoth to the touch easy to install protects the bumpers and the grill very well

·
Registered
30 Posts
Price $200
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Solid bumper with good mounts for 4 lights and works well with my winch. Only weak spot is the finish which I have mostly destroyed on rocks. Great protection of fenders, full turning radius, and good departure angle.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Price $143
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: The price was good and installation was a snap. The only thing I had to do to it was drill holes for the fog light brackets and front plate mount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price $310
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Actually, this is a rear rock crawler bumper w/ tire carrier. Nice powder coat finish. Tire carrier is very sturdy.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Price $279
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy to install, looks great, provides good protection and slider for front end. Wish it had two more light mounts. For the money, it has been great.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Price $99.99
Rating 4
Pros Easy Install
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Very easy install. Simple bolt on. Has a nice finish. The D-Rings are good quality. I also kept the stock tow hooks as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $180
Pros Deflects trees and rocks, my fenders are still straight and I definitely don't worry about hitting them.
Cons Not made for a CJ, had to cut and grind to make it fit mine.
Recommended yes

Comments: This bumper is rock solid, and keeps the trees and rocks from coming in contact with my fenders. I have 0 loss in approach angle, and a much larger tire engagement region, instead of previous bumpers I've used. I have knocked over trees and buried the bumper into rock walls and the only thing that gives is the finish gets scraped off, other than that it is rock solid and looks good to boot!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $400
Pros Looks awsome, gives a real rock crawler look. Has built in skid plate that attaches to the factory front cross bar (where the cheap plastic thing used to be). Can mount a 10,000 pound winch.
Cons Hard to gain access to a couple of the bolts. Two of the holes did'nt line up.
Recommended yes

Comments: The bumper looks really good. It has built in D-ring mounts that are strong( welded both from the inside and the outside). Built in brush guard to protect the grill. Two well placed mounting holes for off road lights and plenty of options to drill more holes in different locations. It"s built to work with the Smittybilt 10,000 pound winch and does so with no problem. The finish seems to match well with the factory fenders and other companies accessories too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Price $249
Pros The size
Cons Nothing
Recommended yes

Comments: This Bumper is huge, Love the light tabs(4). Was able to put Smitty winch really easy with there plate. Both look great together...

·
Premium Member
197 Posts
Price $195
Pros inexpensive, looks good, has light mounts and recovery points pre installed, easy to install
Cons none yet. havnt put it on the trail yet though
Recommended yes

Comments: purchased this bumper brand new for $195 and i love it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $180
Pros Looks sharp
Integrated D-ring mounts.
Not super common on the trails.
Cons none yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought this stinger front from 4wd.com. Very inexpensive mod. D-ring mounts seem to be very durable as I have already had to use them to get out of a bind.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Price $169.99
Pros good looking bumper, has held up so far
Cons paint chips away easily
Recommended yes

Comments: Good bumper for a good price but I wish the paint didnt chip off so easily and I wish they welded everything more thouroughly instead of welding in strips.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Price $200
Pros built well
Cons finish is a little weak
Recommended yes

Comments: I think a bumper any stronger in an impact would send inertia to the frame causeing frame damage. does weigh more than 70 lbs so some sag especially with a winch might be expected.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price $250
Pros Looks WAY cooler than chrome tubes, can mount a winch
Cons Pokes out further, have to relearn how to park it :)
Recommended yes

Comments: This was a major part of my de-chrome project and it looks WAY cooler. Also feels a lot more sturdy than the chrome tubes I had on before. Some people have said it is heavy but I haven't really noticed.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Price $300
Pros Pushes stuff down and under your Jeep. Keeps sticks and grass away from paint and is built like a brick **** house.
Cons Can make your front sag a bit.
Recommended yes

Comments: I love this bumper. It pushes everything it comes in contact with either down under or away from your Jeep. With the extra light mounts you can add some more watts to your aersnal easy. This is built fantasticly, you would be suprised.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Price $300
Pros Good bumper for a reasonable price. Good ground clearance and asthetics.
Cons The coating chips away easily so I had it Line-Xed and the weld on one side of the bumper interfered with the winch mount. Also the light tabs could be a little better positioned.
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall a good bumper for the price. I have not strength tested it yet or hit anything to see how good it will hold up. I am sure like most bumpers it would take damage if I were to run into something semi-solid on the trail or on the road. There is room for improvement in the welds and in the quality of the coating. Mine chipped away around where my shackels are so when I had my Jeep Line-Xed I took the bumpers in as well. Also the light mounting tabs are too far below the top of the top tube to mount many lights with out fabricating a bracket as I did to mount my PIAAs. The lower light tabs also required me to fabricate some spacers.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.