Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Price $350
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Love the look and the tire carrier is very well built. does great with my reciever rack for hauling gear.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Price $399
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: very heavy built and very solid texture was very tough with a smoth finish and came with tire a tire carrier

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $399
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: ..............................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
79 Posts
Price $450
Rating 3
Recommended no

Comments: Works out pretty well, has held my 35" swamper without a probem.
The bolt pattern to the frame was weak and caused the bumper to crack at welds with the weight of the tire. I welded the bump to the frame with a few 1 inch tacks. It'll only take 5 minutes with a cutting wheel if I ever want to take it off

·
Registered
260 Posts
Price $100
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Have the 2" receiver and D-rings, 4wd Hardware had them on sale for $100 with free shipping so I bought it... Product has great finished. Installed easy. I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rating 2
Recommended yes

Comments: came included in the car when i bout it... not bad since it included the receiver 2" the only downfall the end caps on the tube have to made of better material

·
Registered
839 Posts
Price $430
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: definately a good way to armor a jeep up. The only problem is that it hangs low, so you have a good chance of it turning into a dragger. Definately recommend a lift to make up for loss of clearance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Price $200
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: So far the Smittybilt SRC Rock Crawler bumpers seem to be a quality product. I didn't know until after I installed the bumper that you can not tow with it.

·
Quadratec Live Chat Rep
1,037 Posts
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: It's a nice design. It works well. Comes with small plates for additional strength.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Price $99.99
Pros Easy Install
Cons Reciever is not perfectly square, not recommended for towing
Recommended yes

Comments: Very easy to install. Has a good finish on it. The D-Rings are good quality. Have to drop the fuel tank/skid to install the optional set of mounting plates/hardware. The bumper's reciever is not recommended for towing, but it does work for a small lawn mower trailer and will support a reciever rack. Not too low so it doesn't take away from departure angle.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Price $429
Rating 4
Pros Nice agressive design, 8 bolt connection to rear crossmember, some protection for side panel, not expensive, bumper is heavy duty
Cons Tire carrier is not as heavy duty as bumper, adjustable mount system for tire is not as heavy as I would like, attachment of carrier to bumper not what I expected, lots of minor grinding to make holes line up with existing holes on frame and crossmember.
Recommended yes

Comments: The most difficult part of the install was drilling 4 additonal holes in the crossmember and getting the bolts and nuts in and tightened. I almost considered dropping the gas tank to get these 4 inside bolts done, but was able to get it done using a small swivel extension on a small rachet. Only one rubber bumper pad is included, but I recommend using another from the parts that were removed. The latch rubber pad needed to be extended slightly with a washer to remove the extra slop in the latch and keep it from rattleing. I was able to use the factory 3rd brake light extension by cutting off the bottom and fitting the center grove right up against the upper vertical bar of the tire carrier, drilling and securing with two bolts. This carrier will easily carry a 35" tire.

·
Premium Member
8,541 Posts
Price $160.98
Rating 4
Pros The powder coat finish is good. The metal is strong, and thicker than product description ( I measured at bare metal 1/4" thick). The supplied D-rings don't bang. Straightforward install. Cheap Price $160.98 included shipping from 4wd.
Cons Not tow rated (no safety chain point)
5/8" hitch pin had a small lip in the holes
Not fully enclosed construction.
Recommended yes

Comments: Price Shipped: $160.80.
Overall I have had the bumper for about 1 month. I had to grind a tiny lip on both sides of the receiver to accommodate a 5/8" hitch pin (1/2" bounced and banged). Having no place to connect trailer safety chains, I took a spare chain I had and run it from one d-ring through the trailer frame, and to the other d-ring. I have pulled hard at the hitch (took a 4,000lb trailer down the road) wih no problems. Dropping the gas tank made backing plate (frame tie in kit) installation easy, and this is a good option to add for any bumper. The hardest part was drilling the hole, I used 8 different sized bits to keep from over stressing the frame. Overall, highly recommended for someone on a budget. Any REAL questions???? Feel free to p.m. me.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Price $159
Pros great looks, d-rings, built in receiver
Cons receiver not tow rated, requires drilling for "proper" installation
Recommended yes

Comments: great bumper, wish they didn't ask me to drill holes to mount it. so i didn't

edit: even without drilling the extra holes the bumper seemed very stout and was able to help pull my brother, and friends out of some hairy situations and handling some pretty decent jarrings at the same time without flexing at all. Still wouldn't tow with it, but more than sattisfied.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price $349
Rating 4
Pros Strong, looks good, affordable
Cons Drilling 4 extra holes - not a big deal though
Recommended yes

Comments: Maybe Smittybilt changed it recently but mine is tow rated at 9000lbs. My Jeeps not even rated at a 3rd of that but I would pull a utility trailer with it.

The one I got includes the tire carrier.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.