Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $167
Rating 5
Average Price $172.2
Manufacturer Novak Conversions
Recommended Yes: 5 / No: 0
Company website http://www.novak-adapt.com/index.htm

This is probably the best upgrade I have done to the Cherokee so far. It replaces the ridiculous factory shift linkage with a cable like the one Jeep used to shift the AW4. I always questioned what gear I was truly in with the factory setup, it felt very clunky, loose, and ultimately a broken bushing in it resulted in a busted 231 t-case when it failed to shift all the way back down to 2WD and I drove it on pavement.
If you're tired of having that question in your mind "Is it in or out?" this is your answer. It also retains the stock shift handle.
$185 shipped from their place in Utah to me in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Price $180
Pros Easy to install, and shifts great!
Cons I can't think of any!
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought this product after becoming fed up with my stock linkage on my 97 TJ. Before purchasing this Novak cable shifter I was a little worried about being able to install it myself. However once the kit came, I looked over everything and got it done! The instructions are very helpful, its pretty simple to install and get adjusted. Just make sure your shifter lever in the Jeep is in the same mode that you have the transfer case in and you should be golden!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Price $160
Rating 5
Pros Shifts good. Easy install
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: My factory linkage was worn out and bent up after I removed my transfer case drop. I couldn't get it into 4lo. I bought this from savvy cheaper than the Novak website. Easy install if you drop the skid and front driveshaft. The assembly was delivered in the proper configuration and only required minor adjustments. Good quality product.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $167
Rating 5
Pros Easy to install, and works great
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: My original linkage mount broke after I put a 3" lift on my 03' TJ. So I picked up this cable based on the reviews here and Holy Crap! HUGE difference. The shifting is smooth and it stays locked in even when bouncing around. Even if you don't need to replace your linkage it's worth convert to this cable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Price $179
Rating 5
Pros Everything!
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: This is how Jeep should have done it in the first place.

If you decide to leave your skid in place, its a lot easier to drop the T/C side of the drive shaft.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.