Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
941 - 960 of 1009 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wifey had been wanting a Waggy for some time, and I had been searching nationwide. Many fine examples, and many with the big price tag to go along with them.

Then stumbled onto this one on local CL which was only 135 miles away.

The underside is shockingly clean, interior a solid 8.5 out of 10, and cruises effortlessly at 85mph.

Looking forward to many years of fun with the Waggy

·
Registered
61 Posts
My first time here, guys. Got this Cherokee on Craigslist for $1000. its rock solid (no rust anywhere), has a 401 in it, seats look AWESOME, has the MileMarker 2x4 conversion installed. My first task is to get it through smog. long term plans are to put 31x10.50's all the way around paint the rims, and just generally clean it up really nice. I may flip it (if I can get it though smog). I have all the seats but the back seat and passenger seat are sitting in my garage. I bought it from a guy that had it since 1982! I love it and my sons loves it even more but if I cant get it through smog, it will be awash.

Attachments

Reactions: AV4x4

·
Registered
220 Posts
rang-a-stang said:
My first time here, guys. Got this Cherokee on Craigslist for $1000. its rock solid (no rust anywhere), has a 401 in it, seats look AWESOME, has the MileMarker 2x4 conversion installed. My first task is to get it through smog. long term plans are to put 31x10.50's all the way around paint the rims, and just generally clean it up really nice. I may flip it (if I can get it though smog). I have all the seats but the back seat and passenger seat are sitting in my garage. I bought it from a guy that had it since 1982! I love it and my sons loves it even more but if I cant get it through smog, it will be awash.
YOU SUCK!!!! That's a heck of a find for a grand!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
YOU SUCK!!!! That's a heck of a find for a grand!!!
Haha!

We'll see! If I can't get it through smog, the wife is going to hang me! Anyone got a 2bbl intake/carb laying around?:wink2:

·
10,676 Posts
Anyone got a 2bbl intake/carb laying around?:wink2:
I do, actually. Well, at least the intake. Granted, it ways about 2 tons and shipping out to what looks to be CA would probably cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I do, actually. Well, at least the intake. Granted, it ways about 2 tons and shipping out to what looks to be CA would probably cost an arm and a leg.
thanks for the consideration ChrisHager. I have a call into a guy here locally that may be parting out an 85 GW. There was also a guy in Idaho that may be willing to trade (provided I can come up with a way to exchange them).

Just for reference, I have shipped things with Greyhound Buses before and they are usually really cheap for this kind of stuff. You basically pay about 1/3 the cost of a bus ticket to wherever it is going. You have to bring the box to the Greyhound station and the receiving side has to pick it up at the Greyhound station but for large/heavy items, you can't beat it. I don't have privileges to post links yet but if you google "Ship with Greyhound" you will find their website with more info.

·
10,676 Posts
Hmmm... It may. I'd be curious to try now. Haha.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hmmm... It may. I'd be curious to try now. Haha.
I have a message into one more guy here local and if it falls through, I will hit you up Chrishager.

The two larges sizes of flat rate boxes are:
23-11/16" x 11-3/4" x 3"
12" x 12" x 5-1/2"
Last night I measure my intake. If you were to pull the carb studs off, it measures about 21x11x6. So its VERY close to fitting but not quite.

941 - 960 of 1009 Posts