Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Just brought home our second Jeep, as our '81 CJ5 was a bit lonely :)

Looking forward to lots of help on this one, as it is mostly intact like PO just turned off the key, and could not get back to it.

Mechanicals will be the easy part, as interior and paint look to be where most of the work will be needed, so FSJ peeps keep your eyes peeled for my flares going up!

'84 Grand Wagoneer,
401 ci with 2,000 miles on rebuild, but not running for 10 years give or take a few as owner had life get in the way, so unable to continue with restore as planned. Best part is engine is free and turns by hand, oil on stick looks good, and everything is intact like he just shut the key off and never got back to it. Hopeful it will fire off when we get to it.
MC2100 carb - needs rebuild
Auto,
4 inch lift (higher arch springs as originals are in the spare parts collection in the back),
A/C,
a bunch of spare parts and paperwork files related to the truck.
31x10.50x16 near rotting off the rims with original aluminum all around and steel wagon wheel spare we had to put on to move it.

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,510 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
PLEASE DO NOT PAINT THAT!!!! It looks amazing the way it is! Are you on IFSJA.org? I think the front wheels and tires are perfect. If you can get new tires like that, you are golden. Such an amazing truck!!!!
Are you on IFSJA.org?
To interject - I have been trying for a month to get approved in IFSJA, so I can do more that read only, and every time I try to reply to a thread, I get the below message.

devildog80, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I have written request to administration twice to see about getting account activated, with no response.

Can anybody help?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yep! I can! I am an admin on there. Is your user name the same? I had the same problem when I joined in 2016. There is one guy that approves accounts and he almost never logs on anymore. This SHOULD change for the better in the coming months.
Yes, same user name as in the message I keep getting.
Thanks for the help.
Please let me know when cleared.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Nice rig....HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)

Reactions: NaturalState4x4
1 - 5 of 5 Posts