Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured it was about time to get a second build thread started so I have somewhere to keep track of my progress.

So here is my back story, first started on the forum with a black, stock, 97, auto.

I had a great experience with it. Finally with college starting, I knew that I wanted to get something that was much better on gas and had few miles.
After searching for awhile, I set my sights on this craigslist ad.

Sold my Black one to pay for the new one. Finally after some bartering, I brought it home for $4000.

Here are the specs/mods:

60k ZJ engine with a NV3550 5 speed.
NP231 with SYE and rear tom woods driveshaft
Chry8.25 with a Detroit and a HP Dana30 with a lockrite auto locker
Custom trans/transfer case skid, Reinforced gas tank skid
2 Front tow hooks, one rear
16" Cragar "D Windows" with wheel spacers
33" Super Swamper TSL's with a decent amount of tread
Aux Fan override switch​

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently changed out my tires for a set of Kuhmo Road Venture AT/51s.

They are 265/75r16 which is a metric 32". They ride much smoother and are very quiet.
Best part out of all of that, I paid $372 to have them shipped to my door.

Added an overhead console inside and installed my bull bar from my other jeep.

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
two doors, jealous
That was definitely a pursuing factor. The 5 speed was my other factor. My dad had this 94 until about a year ago, I grew up riding in it so that was where my love for 2 drs and manual came from.

Attachments

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
God I should update this more.

Threw it some leather heated WJ seats after converting them to the 2dr tilt.

Attachments

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Modified the door hinges to allow for removable doors. While the doors were off, welded the hinges to the body for additional strength where they commonly crack.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,806 Posts
Well if that torx bolt wasn't a pain in the *** to remove before it sure as **** is now.

Oh and I didn't like that bumper at first, but the tube makes a huge difference. Needs some light on it now though.

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well if that torx bolt wasn't a pain in the *** to remove before it sure as **** is now.

Oh and I didn't like that bumper at first, but the tube makes a huge difference. Needs some light on it now though.
Already did

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Should have hung it from the bar, in my opinion. I never liked having my bars that close to the bumper just in case I ever smack it off something, though I suppose if it's hanging off the bar it'll still get smacked.

·
Big Brother
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Should have hung it from the bar, in my opinion. I never liked having my bars that close to the bumper just in case I ever smack it off something, though I suppose if it's hanging off the bar it'll still get smacked.
I honestly don't care as I will be replacing the front clip eventually.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.