Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1980 Jeep CJ5 base with a t5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Cj5 is back at my childhood home, where it has sat for 10+ years, collecting dust. I've been seeing more CJs around town these days, and now I am wanting mine so I can drive around in it again. I want to ship to my current home in Utah. My only option is to have a shipper bring it out as I do not have a truck or trailer to tow it myself. I'm worried about my windshield frame, among other things, as two rusty bolts are holding it in place right now. I am curious if anyone has shipped a CJ recently; what was your cost, and what, if any, lessons were learned?
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
A vehicle is a vehicle to a car shipper. Unless it's oversized, it should cost the same as shipping any other vehicle.

Having it shipped shakes it around less than driving it would. Maybe someone can duct tape the window frame to hold it together better during transit. Or whatever other solution you might have. This way if it detaches, it'll stay with the Jeep all the way there.

Call around. There are a lot of companies that do this. If you can find someone going from point a to point b with an empty spot in an otherwise full load, they might be willing to give you a break.

Gas prices being what they are, don't expect much of a break if any.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts