Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '01 Limited drivers seat has a very noticeable lean to the right, I'm waiting for the day it just snaps in half while I'm driving 馃ぃ.. Also, the bottom cushion is quite worn from years of my large self from sliding in and out.

My local junkyard has a 2000 that, from the pictures, has a surprisingly nice seat bottom cushion? Should it fit in my '01 without any noticeable difference? I know the style of the seat covers themselves are slightly different.

Also, my forward/backyard is broken in addition to the the leaning frame. Could I take the entire seat out of the 2000, swap the seat cover, and put it on my '01? I don't see why they would be different, but I figured I'd ask before I went through the hassle of getting it from the junkyard.

Thanks in advance!

Registered
Should be a direct swap. Imo just buy all of them and have matching seats. That would murder my ocd lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be a direct swap. Imo just buy all of them and have matching seats. That would murder my ocd lol
Well I'd swap my seat covers over so it'd still all be matching seats 馃ぃ I just need a good seat frame and bottom cushion.

Registered
Wj seat frames are absolute pure junk. Ive welded mine up way too many times. I鈥檝e heard that certain zj seat frames, which are much stronger, can fit if the mounting holes are redrilled but can鈥檛 confirm 100 percent鈥 yet

Registered
According to a Mopar site I use a lot, they are the same part numbers for the 2000 & 2001.

Registered
Wj seat frames are absolute pure junk. Ive welded mine up way too many times. I've heard that certain zj seat frames, which are much stronger, can fit if the mounting holes are redrilled but can't confirm 100 percent… yet
I put six (6!) in my 370K XJ and two in my 60K ZJ (from the dealer!) and welded them up at least that many times.

Not convinced this is an upgrade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts