Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find a wire to tie into for my fuel injection system. I have a Hamilton Fuel Injection system and there is a small gauge wire labeled "power in Run and Ignition." The power to the coil will not work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Hopefully it will keep me from having to look for a wire that has power in both run and ignition. Thanks

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
I need to find a wire to tie into for my fuel injection system. I have a Hamilton Fuel Injection system and there is a small gauge wire labeled "power in Run and Ignition." The power to the coil will not work. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Hopefully it will keep me from having to look for a wire that has power in both run and ignition. Thanks
What you do is take a test light and check for power with the key forward and with the engine running only and use and just hook up your eire to a fuse tap and plug into that fuse location

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I know the procedure but I was just hoping someone may have already done it as, unfortunately, it seems I don't have anyone around to sit and hold the key in start position. I was going to use the power to the coil but because of voltage fluctuations the vehicle would never start. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Thanks. I know the procedure but I was just hoping someone may have already done it as, unfortunately, it seems I don't have anyone around to sit and hold the key in start position. I was going to use the power to the coil but because of voltage fluctuations the vehicle would never start. Thanks again.
Put the test light on the fuse block and turn and and hold the key with your right hand

Reactions: GR3

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Dyou get it ?

·
Registered
9,121 Posts
You want an ignition wire.
There are two types, the one which runs through the fuse box and the IGN LPS fuse, and the one that does not.

It is a red with tracer wire.

If you still have the harness that ran to the ignition module there was a 2 way plug. the red with tracer is the most dependable source you will find under the hood, live in Run and Start and not fused.

The coil wire is on the same circuit but had a ballast resistor wire inserted just before the coil. If you have not taken this out, it is supplying around 7 Volts and will not run your new kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You want an ignition wire.
There are two types, the one which runs through the fuse box and the IGN LPS fuse, and the one that does not.

It is a red with tracer wire.

If you still have the harness that ran to the ignition module there was a 2 way plug. the red with tracer is the most dependable source you will find under the hood, live in Run and Start and not fused.

The coil wire is on the same circuit but had a ballast resistor wire inserted just before the coil. If you have not taken this out, it is supplying around 7 Volts and will not run your new kit.
Thanks,

That's exactly what I was looking for. You are correct about the coil wire. The plug is sill in the old harness, although that is probably one of the few wires I need from the factory harness on that side of the engine. I would like to get rid of that old harness. I guess I could take the time to sort out necessary wires, but I'm not.

Here is a picture of my Scrambler.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive parking light Sky

Thanks again,
GR3

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
Bagus jeep has helped me and nice scrambler

1 - 9 of 9 Posts