Rustys RS-SC250-UV [$400]

10904 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  TOW_HOOK
Product Information
Price $400
Rating 3
Average Price $293.57
Manufacturer Rustys
Recommended Yes: 4 / No: 3

Rusty's steering conversion is a complete steering system, replacing the factory Y-design with a wheel to wheel tie-rod. Rusty's tie-rods are built of 1" drawn over mandrel (dom) tubing and are powdercoated for durability and a great look. Rusty's steering system comes with conventional tie-rod ends. The conventional tie-rod ends last much longer than the race type heim ends and can be bought at any rural auto parts store (part# ES140R & ES62L). Whether you're in moab or in the smokey mountains of tellico you can find replacement parts. So if you're an off road enthusiast tired of bending parts or have a street Jeep tired of poor handling and excessive tire wear, go with rusty's steering system conversion. For installation we recommend having the drag-link attach ABOVE the tie-rod for lifts of 4.5" or more to help reduce angles.

We can make this an over-the-knuckle version as well with shims, weld-on trac-bar bracket and extended sway bar links. Call for details.
There are no related items at this time.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Price $275
Rating 4
Pros well built.
Cons cheap harware for stabilizer mount
Recommended yes

Comments: negatives:
trac bar bolt looks like it could rub with tie ried on the trail but has not and has not on normal driving conditions.(i have 4.5" BDS lift that uses larger than stock hardware). hardware for steering stabilizer is weak to my standards so i purchased some 1/2 inch grade 8 hardware. If you have a tapperd bolt on your stabilizer on the end that mounts to the drag link, you will need to replace it with a 1/2 inch bolt, (The kit does not come with this bolt if u have this problem).

good things:
super strong tubing. bring to a good alignment shop when finished to prevent tie rod rubbing on trac bar bolt. Good TRW tie rod ends. corrects my steering geometry and has a much better response. no play whatsoever.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.