Rustys RS-SC250-UV [$400]

10905 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  TOW_HOOK
Product Information
Price $400
Rating 3
Average Price $293.57
Manufacturer Rustys
Recommended Yes: 4 / No: 3

Rusty's steering conversion is a complete steering system, replacing the factory Y-design with a wheel to wheel tie-rod. Rusty's tie-rods are built of 1" drawn over mandrel (dom) tubing and are powdercoated for durability and a great look. Rusty's steering system comes with conventional tie-rod ends. The conventional tie-rod ends last much longer than the race type heim ends and can be bought at any rural auto parts store (part# ES140R & ES62L). Whether you're in moab or in the smokey mountains of tellico you can find replacement parts. So if you're an off road enthusiast tired of bending parts or have a street Jeep tired of poor handling and excessive tire wear, go with rusty's steering system conversion. For installation we recommend having the drag-link attach ABOVE the tie-rod for lifts of 4.5" or more to help reduce angles.

We can make this an over-the-knuckle version as well with shims, weld-on trac-bar bracket and extended sway bar links. Call for details.
There are no related items at this time.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Price $275
Rating 2
Pros installed quick and easy. little quicker steering response than my old stock. feels and looks a lot stronger.
Cons tie rod hits my lower track bar bolt and front diff cover. when turning i can not turn anywhere close to as sharp as stock.
Recommended no

Comments: product looks and feels very sturdy. i installed it in about an hour. i tested the steering and found that it hit my front diff cover (aftermarket solid), and it hit my lower track bar bolt causing me to only be able to turn about half as sharp as stock. what good is a steering upgrade if i can't steer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.