Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's try something new by posting events.

My idea is to create whatever thread you normally would in the local state section or any other place and then link it here. Even from FB I guess.

Just post the basic details, date and location then a link to the run or event and try to keep the chit chat in this thread to a minimum so the events stand out.

Deleted all the past events. I moved the post with the JV pics in to the San Diego thread

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Offroad consulting continuously runs events in Rausch Creek and AOAA in Pennsylvania year round. I usually run 4 or 5 times a year.

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Mini run/event...

Myself and a buddy are going to Calico ghost town to wheel a bit on the weekend of 11/17 thru 11/19, 2021. Going to run Odessa and Doran canyons and general exploring.

If anyone want to come over and join and show us how to do Gate Keeper... I'm all ears! >:)

Edit; just got back. Doran canyon has gotten quite technical. Jeep came home with lots of white rash! Mostly bumpers. Lol.
Good fun. Great weather. Sorry. No pics... too busy picking lines.

·
Administrator
21,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JV trip in planning stages for thanksgiving 2021. Got about 4 committed so far
change of plans on this trip, in case any stealth participants show up. Problems at work and I might have to come back early so going to superstition instead since its way closer to home

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Mini run/event...

Myself and a buddy are going to Calico ghost town to wheel a bit on the weekend of 11/17 thru 11/19, 2021. Going to run Odessa and Doran canyons and general exploring.

If anyone want to come over and join and show us how to do Gate Keeper... I'm all ears! >:)

Edit; just got back. Doran canyon has gotten quite technical. Jeep came home with lots of white rash! Mostly bumpers. Lol.
Good fun. Great weather. Sorry. No pics... too busy picking lines.
Wish I coulda met up with you guys, insane work schedule has me working all my days off. Insane. Next year should be better. I think my YJ is finally gate keeper qualified too. :D

·
Registered
11,406 Posts
Wish I coulda met up with you guys, insane work schedule has me working all my days off. Insane. Next year should be better. I think my YJ is finally gate keeper qualified too. :D
:rofl:

Have you been there lately? That thing is nasty buggy territory! :surprise:

Ran up Odessa (almost hit the HT in hard top alley, saved by the metal cloak fenders!) and part of Wall street, and several side trails... checked out some of the mines, then ran down Doran. Running up Doran might actually call for pulling line? Thought about it. It's purdy chewed up and dug out way more than a couple years ago. Smacked the dogcrap out of my bumper waaaay more than ever coming down that thing... way more than any other trail I've done!
Then went over to Mule Canyon/Phillips loop, for a night run. That was a lot of fun! Weather was perfect, btw. Mid 70's, sunny and light clouds. Last time was closer to spring and hecka windy! Purdy much had the place to ourselves, which made me a tad nervous being solo... a few RzR's coming in on the weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts