Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $1
Average Price $234.03
Manufacturer rugged ridge
Recommended Yes: 29 / No: 2

bought this sye kit from just jeeps in toronto and is very easy to install, except for the fact you have to cut a bit of the shift fork to make it work other then that very good instructions...:cheers2:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $100
Pros very easy to install
Cons have to cut the shift fork to work
Recommended yes

Comments: was easy to install but had to cut the shift fork rod so it would not hit the new case other then that it is was a peice of cake to install. This was my first sye install and the instructions were very good..

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Price $230
Pros Same as any other SYE I suppose. Great ride after the install.
Cons None.
Recommended yes

Comments: It looks like it has all the same components of any other SYE. They are pretty much all the same. The instructions were vague, but there are plenty of web sources like 4x4xplor.com to help with the details. It took four hours to install with a friend. Having a CV shaft in the rear is fantastic. I only have a 2-inch lift and would not have installed the SYE except for bending my stock output shaft. That said, I'm glad I installed the SYE the ride is smooth.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Price $150
Pros Great quality, most everyone who sells SYE's sell this product.
Cons Parts were missing
Recommended yes

Comments: Needed an extra snap ring, Omnix-ada sent it out no questions asked.
Gerat company.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Price $200
Pros much better angle on rear driveshaft. rugged ridge is a good company.
Cons had to get a bad (new) part in kit replaced, but did so with relative ease
Recommended yes

Comments: used the mega short kit, much better angle on rear driveshaft.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Price $400
Pros very easy to put in!
Cons had to cut shift fork bar. I was a little uneasy to go cutting on a part like this but all went well!
Recommended yes

Comments: The rugged ridge sye kit also came with a custom fit Adams driveshast . Seems to be very heavy duty compared to factory. All in all seems well worth the money.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Price $200
Pros Easy to install
Cons Needed a big set of snap ring pliers which I didn't know until I was already in to it
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy to install I have no problems yet

·
Registered
71 Posts
Price $150
Pros Easy install
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: Very easy to install but instruction included give vague pictures. Used a few writeups and a club member to install.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Price $240
Pros Good kit for the price
Cons Poor Instructions
Recommended yes

Comments: For the cost this seems to be a great kit so far. I was disappointed in the lack of instructions, Could have been more detailed and a few more "clearer" pictures. Definitely take the Transfer-case out I could not see trying to do this with it in.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Price $145
Pros Easy to install
Cons Rear seal leaks had to buy a different seal

Recommended no

Comments: I was happy at first with the price and everything.
But with the rear seal leaking, the speedo pinion housing seems to stick out some I would have spent more money on a different kit with no problems.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.