·
Registered
57 Posts
Price $169
Rating 5
Pros Two years still very durable!
Cons Two years and fading...
Recommended yes

Comments: Great product! Keeps me legal(ish) and they are durable. Light fading that will presumably continue.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Price $100
Pros Great looking, alot of clearance
Cons Even after you trim the arches you still have a little overhang from the inner arch.
Recommended yes

Comments: The fronts fit like a dream, but the backs need the arches trimmed to fit. Its a bit hit and miss if you get it correct, but if you center the flare first then mark and then trim you should be ok.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Price $199
Rating 5
Pros Great fit and easy to install, Give extra clearance for bigger tires without as much lift.
Cons Noen
Recommended yes

Comments: Good looking and durable. Instructions were pretty good. Make sure you have some cardboard or something to make a template. These flares cover 12.5" wide tires well and give a couple of extra inches of tire clearance without a lift!

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Price $169
Rating 4
Pros Retains stock look. Installs with stock holes and comes with new hardware if you choose to use it.
Cons lower piece near doors still stubby like stock one. Maybe could have been a bit wider and fit better.
Recommended yes

Comments: The lower piece near doors doesn't quite mate up with new front fender flair, and could have been wider. Other than that installation was pretty straight forward and simple. Definately loosening of the rear fender well plastic is a must. 2 at each side in rear push in retainers need to be pulled out, and 2 on each side tab/clips need to be pushed in to release inner fender so as to allow fingers to reach screw retainers and hold them from spinning while trying to remove screws. And again upon re-assembly. Advisable to start job with a clean vehicle to minimise the dirt and crud under fender flair during removal. Makes for a cleaner install.:cheers2:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Price $70
Pros Really nice look on the yj gives it that extra coverage for the big wide 33's
Cons shatter when smashed into trees
Recommended yes

Comments: I had these fenders on my jeep yj when i bought it off the previous owner. I took it off roading and got hung up in a tree tough but pulled off it but lost the front fender to the tree. I bought a replacment front fender for about 70 dollars including shipping. The full 6 piece set could run you to about 4 hundred. If you dont want to blow a ton of cash on the bushwackers and want or need the coverage for your tires this is a good way to go

·
Registered
69 Posts
Price $200
Pros .
Cons .
Recommended yes

Comments: ....

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Price $200
Pros Covers my entire tire, install was easy
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the flares to cover my 33x12.50R15 tires. They offer more coverage than the stock flares and installed pretty easily. I bought the YJ kit, so I only had to trim the rear fender well.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Price $169.99
Pros Very close match to stock, good flexibility, reasonable price
Cons Lousy hardware, poor directions, inexcusable dogleg extensions
Recommended no

Comments: When a company makes a decent product and then skimps on the little things, it makes the whole package seem to be of lower quality and that left me severely disappointed by this flare set. First off, there's no excuse for the lousy hardware that was included. The package included cheap screws that are a pain to drive into the oddly-shaped plastic blocks (there's no easy way to hold them without working a pair of pliers behind the wheel well). Upgrading them to simple lock nuts and bolts would have been a trivial increase in cost and made install much smoother. Second, the washers that were included were decent for the screws, but were an insufficient diameter for the few bolts that went into the nutserts. There simply wasn't hardware included that would have been able to hold the flares properly. If you want these and want it done right, plan on hitting Home Depot for $5-10 worth of decent hardware.

The directions break down into fairly simple steps, like "Take off old flares", "clean body" and "install new flares" which don't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure out. The single diagram of actual hardware and where it goes -- a piece that would be of some value -- is so small that it's of no use. To add insult to injury, even the pages were stapled out of order (and there were only three pages). They glossed over the install of the dogleg extensions with one sentence and no pictures, which leads into...

The most egregious violation is the dogleg extensions for the front flares. They're flat-out inexcusable. They are less than half the width of the flares, the finish and color doesn't match the rest of the set, they don't sit even remotely flush with the flares (too tight on the outside, 1/2"+ gap on the inside), and to get them bolted on at all would require significant distortion of the front flares. I verified these were the intended extensions, so I can only assume that Rugged Ridge grabbed them from a different flare set as a shortcut and never bothered to test the installation. I would have been less offended if they just didn't include them in the set.

I've put a lot of accessories and equipment onto my Jeep. These flares have potential, so I hope Rugged Ridge takes the time to modify this set and take care of the problems that are glaringly obvious. However, in in it's current form, this is the first piece of hardware I simply can't recommend.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Price $150
Rating 1
Pros They are cheap and are not even worth the $150
Cons Fading terribly, warping and best of all, only warrantied for 3 months and seemed to begin to have problems shortly prior to warranty running out. Calls to both Quadratec and Rugged Ridge yielded no results and they stood by expiration of the warranty 1 month previously. I am very disappointed not only in the product but also Quadratec and Rugged Ridge. This is the last product I will buy from Rugged Ridge. The rummors are true, their products are cheap and not worth the price. I can't even sell them for $75 on Craigs list.
Recommended no

Comments: This is a very poor product and highly recommend avoiding it if you are keeping your vehicle and want a product that will out last the 3 month warranty. Shame on Quadratec for not putting more pressure on Rugged Ridge to correct the issue! :(

·
Registered
256 Posts
Price $100
Pros price. cover tire
Cons big
Recommended yes

Comments: installed on jeep to cover tire and stay legal. works well and keep debris off the side of the jeep.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Price $160
Pros covers the tires
Cons plastic feels a little thin; not like the factory flares
Recommended yes

Comments: Mine were actually made by 'Crown' but there is no option here

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Price $252
Pros Easy to install and durable
Cons None yet
Recommended yes

Comments: Having to upgrade the existing fender flares to meet PennDOT regs, I chose these for their style. It was a simply installation, with some holes having to be redrilled as they didn't align the same as the previous one. This meant that some of the fasteners ended up in the passenger part of the tub around the rear wheel hubs. Nothing too obtrusive but worth noting. So far, only one screw has come loose after 8 months of usage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Price $140
Pros good fit easy to install
Cons doesnt work with those fender flare extensions, but a plus that gives me opportunity for rocker protection!!
Recommended yes

Comments: Very good fit and finish, wish the extensions fit with them without trimming but that give opportunity for rocker protection upgrade!!!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.