Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my 1988 jeep comanche has a rough idle from lets say 900 normal then drops to 150 or so relay bad then it go's back to normal but some times it dose do it then others its normal

i have replaced the IAC valve and TPS i dont know what else it could be

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Compression is good but now I have a new problem sometimes when I drive in second gear and up when I get to in between 2100rpm and 2600rpm it back fires a lot but once it gets out of that it drives fine and it really random when it dose it I replaced every thing electrical except the computer and it still dose it

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
Compression is good but now I have a new problem sometimes when I drive in second gear and up when I get to in between 2100rpm and 2600rpm it back fires a lot but once it gets out of that it drives fine and it really random when it dose it I replaced every thing electrical except the computer and it still dose it
Ever been here..www.cruiser54.com... and done tips 1 through 5?

·
Registered
922 Posts
You said you replaced the tps, did you adjust it properly? Mine does the same thing when it's running but since I am the only one who drives it I don't care. Check your grounds and look into c101(?) Removal would be where I would check after verifying tps is set right and tune up Parts are good.

·
Premium Member
12,482 Posts
You said you replaced the tps, did you adjust it properly? Mine does the same thing when it's running but since I am the only one who drives it I don't care. Check your grounds and look into c101(?) Removal would be where I would check after verifying tps is set right and tune up Parts are good.
100% correct Nick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.