Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $350
Pros The 3" shocks work great even with an added 1 and a half inches of coilspacers and shackles
Cons the rubber grommets on the top of the shocks where they mount to the unibody are straight up junk. they dry rotted with half a winters driving (lift put on in december) if you want a good tip keep your old grommets. i still have mine laying around and they're still not dry rotted after having spent nearly a hundred times more time on the road
Recommended yes

Comments: The 3" shocks work great even with an added 1 and a half inches of coilspacers and shackles, flexes like a boss still also. rubber grommets on the top of the shocks where they mount to the unibody are straight up junk. they dry rotted with half a winters driving (lift put on in december) if you want a good tip keep your old grommets. i still have mine laying around and they're still not dry rotted after having spent nearly a hundred times more time on the road

·
Registered
16 Posts
Price $425
Pros easy install
Cons shorted hardware
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed Rough Country's 3 1/2 in lift on my ZJ. It was super simple to install if your mechanically minded, i was shorted about 5 bolts, nuts, and washers and i had to research most of the torque specs but overall not a bad kit for the beginner/average off-roader.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Price $350
Pros Cheap and fairly complete
Cons Rides like hell
Recommended no

Comments: I applied the 3" AAL w/control arms and shocks from RC. It worked, it lifts as advertised (I'm at 3-3.5" front, 4" rear, but I'm getting a little boost in the rear from my crown heavy springs and slightly thicker 8.8 axle tubes). It's been a couple years now, including towing, with no signs of sag. That's about all the good I can say.

It rides like I've got steel blocks welded between the tubes and the axles. I knew the back would be stiff and needed that for the trailer but this is too much. I'll likely go to bilsteins and metalcloak or similar front springs later on.

I wouldn't recommend this kit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Price $1100
Pros Affordable, for a non- daily driver, Hunting rig
Cons None as of yet
Recommended yes

Comments: 3" Rough Country w/leaf pack and lower control arms, new. KC Customs installed. Adjustable track bar added, New leaf Shackles because OEM were shot. Rides great, a typical drive line vibration at low speed and 25 - 30 MPH. Transfer case lowering 1.25" will be installed shortly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Price $1100
Pros True 3+ lift
Cons Too early to tell, did have to do a TC drop for vibes, but that's a crap shoot it seems.
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed by KC Customs...kudo's to them as they inspected the Jeep - 260K - on the worn out suspension, and noticed some rust repair that needed to be accomplished before they would install the kit.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.