Price $400
Rating 3
Average Price $413.5
Manufacturer Rough Country
Recommended Yes: 42 / No: 2

This kit contains....
+ New front replacement coil springs
+ long add-a-leafs w/ necessary hardware for the rear
(the long ones provide a much better ride over the short ones on the market)
+ Front extended lower control arms with poly bushings and new sleeves to maintain proper alignment
+ (4) Rough Country 8000 series premium grade shocks

+ All necessary hardware which is zinc plated
+ Complete instructions
+

Attachments

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $345.59
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: I havent installed it yet , will update soon. It only comes with an add a leaf but I will probably replace that soon with a bastard pack. I just needed something fast to lift it a little so I could put a set of tires on the Jeep.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Price $180
Rating 2
Recommended no

Comments: Bought from a friend after he upgraded to make my jeep stop looking like a wagon

·
Registered
356 Posts
Price $350
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I have the full leaf kit with control arms. It was a great price and looks great. I wanted a moderate lift without losing my XJ as a DD. It's a great height I think. It was a little stiff at first but has gotten more "flexy" which only enhances off road capability. It still handles great on road though and is very tight.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Price $360
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: easy install
shackle nuts inside of frame broke loose though
not rough country fault

·
Registered
78 Posts
Price $400
Rating 4
Pros great cost great off road ride so far its been awesome
Cons aal suck shocks could be betteer
Recommended yes

Comments: the kit went on really easy not the best instructions but i new what i was doing all the parts fit right no problems it shipped super fast great customer service the kit is nice its great off road rides a little rough but i beleive its mostly the crappy shocks also the aal are starting to sag a little i wish iwould have gotten the full packs but other then that i would definitely buy from them again

·
Registered
623 Posts
Price $450
Pros full leaf packs and good price
Cons none so far, few shipping errors
Recommended yes

Comments: I got a great price for a kit wil full leafs. I paid 450 shipped! I let them keep their shocks however which may have helped the price as I had a set of high end shocks that would fit already.

They sent me f-250 leaf springs by mistake, one phone call and it was corrected and they let me keep the ford springs! I should be able to get $100 bucks for them no problem.
They sent me the wrong u-bolts as well I just ran out and bought them myself.
Good customer service, they answer the phone right away and email you back literally in minutes.
I got 4" in the front and 2 3/4 in the rear. I will even it out with shackles.
Using Edelbrock Extreme IAS shocks this lift rid rides like a cadilac compared to my old stock setup.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Price $350
Pros complete kit
cheap
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: I have had mine for about 5 months now and so far I haven ot had any major issues. It is by far worth the price, I have an add a leaf right now and I think that I would prefered a complete leaf but its not that bad.

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
Price $360
Pros Great "entry level" lift
Cons Harsh Ride
Recommended yes

Comments: I was looking for something entry level, and a friend is a retailer for RC. I got a great deal on the lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Price $400
Pros great lift kit quality parts
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: its a great kit for the price, many parts that rustys didnt have come with this kit. i got the nitro shocks and the bigger stabilizer. you will need a trac bar no doubt about it and i also did the steering box brace for good measure.
great flex and clearance, i follow my friend through almost everything he does and hes got a 8 inch rustys long arm with 35s and arb lockers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Price $550
Pros Very nice quality. So far, no need for Transfer case drop kit.
Cons Does not come wit every single brand new bolt.
one of the U-Bolts they sent me had thread damage.
Recommended yes

Comments: Its the perfect size lift for someone who needs to replace an old worn suspension and doesn't want to deal with much, my rear leafs were sagging 3".
Its about the same price as stock replacement size parts. so its totally worth it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Price $300
Pros great kit
Cons comes with end links not discos
Recommended yes

Comments: Great kit. No complaints. Wheeled the devil out of the Zj at windrock with no issues next day after install. Wish id ordered it with quick discos though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Price $250
Pros rides smooth
Cons took awhile to install :(
Recommended yes

Comments: Took awhile to install because it was my first install. but overall it was worth it. it makes huge difference in ride height, for bigger wheels, rides smoother then the stock suspension and it does flex!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $460
Pros love the stance,
great flex
Cons look a couple tries for them to send me the clamps
Recommended yes

Comments: this is an excellent starter lift kit for any first time jeep owner. easy to install, and looks and rides great. I do recommend getting RC's wheel spacers to widen the stance of your jeep to account for this lift. all in all, great inexpensive lift($460 shipped to my door)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Price $625
Pros Came with everything i needed
Cons Would have liked to see it come with a TC drop just in case.
Recommended yes

Comments: Fits my needs perfect as an entry level lift. Directions could be a little better if someone doesnt know much about mechanics.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.