Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price $300
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: i put a 3 inch rough country kit in my xj with front coils and rear add a leaf with shocks all around. this kit completely leveled out the whole jeep, it sits perfect and this is a great lift kit and resonably priced

·
Registered
92 Posts
Price $700
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: pretty good lift kit. I still could use another inch or so of lift, so I would go with a 4" or so instead of a 3". But overall a quality kit.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Price $350
Rating 2
Recommended yes

Comments: This lift kit is working out good so far. The only thing that makes me rate the lift a 5 is when i recieved the lift through the mail one of the shocks was freaking blown. It was squirting out oil like a needle. I called and complained and they sent me another one free of charge. The shock they sent me didn't come with any of the mounting equipment so i had to rip apart the other shock and transfer everything over.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Price $280
Pros Love this kit. Best bargain for the money.
Cons None so far.
Recommended yes

Comments: So far I love this lift. Best bang for the buck and it's done a great job of flexing and tearing up my fender flares, :D.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Price $350
Pros complete kit
Cons na
Recommended yes

Comments: it is an old kit that they don't make anymore. worked fine until i bent the front main leaf sliding off a cliff. no real complaints.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Price $235
Rating 4
Pros inexpensive
Cons kit should come with new U-bolts
Recommended yes

Comments: I installed the lift about a year and a half ago. As expected the rear AAL has sagged a bit from when I installed but it is holding up well considering my rear leafs were already worn. I will eventually be getting a full leaf pack, but you cant beat the price. If I had to do it all over again I would have gone with the 4.5" kit, but oh well.

I added a 1" Transfer case drop because I was getting vibrations around 45mph. Spent $20 for the drop and it rides perfect.

Conclusion:
A decent lift for a great price. You can install it in a few hours.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $350
Pros ease of installation
Cons should have new hardware included
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall, very pleased w/this lift. All parts seem to be well made and fit easily. Should have new hardware included, instead of reusing old stuff. Would recommend getting new adjustable track bar ahead of time, old one not long enough and wasted time getting new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Price $350
Pros cheap budget lift
Cons information inaccurate on tire sizes
Recommended yes

Comments: Took forever to install without a lift. Package indicates 265/70/16 will fit without rub, however that is not accurate. When backing up at locks, there is significant rub. Will rub with any excessive articulation.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Price $300
Pros Inexpensive, easy to install, added tire clearance
Cons Pretty basic -- probably not for the serious off-roader
Recommended yes

Comments: Installed the kit (springs/shocks) in about three hours in my garage with basic tools and a borrowed coil spring compressor. Everything fit well, but I noticed some stability issues on rough surfaces due to poor caster geometry. I ended up buying a set of adjustable lower control arms that fixed the problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Price $300
Pros Cheap easy to install claimed amount of lift
Cons not the best quality, flexes alot
Recommended yes

Comments: Good cheap lift kit,I wish I would have went for the one with control arms

·
Registered
218 Posts
Price $255
Pros Smooth ride
Cons Saggy rear leafs
Recommended yes

Comments: I liked this lift because of the affordable price and smoother than stock ride it provides. However after only 12k miles the rear leafs are pretty saggy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Price $255
Pros Cheap! Jeep sits level and tall.
Cons Had to buy axle u-bolts, and all other hardware as well as kit
Recommended yes

Comments: Kit was easy (enough) to install and my jeep sits exactly as like I wanted it too. No complaints so far (other than having to buy all new hardware.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Price $300
Pros Value
Cons Rough
Recommended yes

Comments: ............

·
Registered
55 Posts
Price $300
Pros Its definetly easy to install and with minor trimming you can run 33" tires.
Cons Took awhile for me to break in the add-a-leaf rear
Recommended yes

Comments: All in all the 3" lift from Rough Country is a good beginner lift, it takes a couple hours to install and allows you to run 33" tires with minor fender well trimming. It did take alittle longer than expected to break the add a leaf rear setup in but once its broken in it flexes just fine. I run no sway bars on my rig and this kit doesnt allow much body roll in turns like bigger lifts do.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Price $280
Pros The height
Cons Nothing so Far
Recommended yes

Comments: This Is a great lift for the Price, if your Leafs are not Sagging

·
Registered
1 Posts
Price $255
Pros Price, decently easy install
Cons Could have came with hardware to make it easier. Ride quality is ehh
Recommended yes

Comments: For the price it's a great lift I'm just wishing I went a little higher now but it's my daily.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.