Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

1976 4
RockAuto Now Offers Batteries!

If you drive a 30+ year old car, waiting to replace the battery until it is eight years old and can barely spin the starter risks leaving you stranded. With a modern vehicle, a dying battery also may accelerate wear on an electrical/charging system that is already working overtime to cope with numerous computers, multiple fuel injectors per cylinder, entertainment systems, heated seats, electric power steering and/or other electronics. Do you really want that kind stranger to jump-start your computer-laden 2013 Dodge Durango with her trusty 1980 Ford Bronco? Replacing the battery should be routine preventative maintenance instead of exciting crisis management.

RockAuto now offers ACDelco, Deka, Exide and Motorcraft AGM (Absorbed Glass Mat) batteries! 4X4 enthusiasts and racing teams have long relied on AGM batteries to withstand extreme vibrations off-road and on the track. AGM batteries are now an affordable, dependable, durable and safer battery for daily-drivers as well. A leaking traditional flooded lead-acid battery could always cause damage under the hood. Many newer cars have the battery mounted in the trunk (boot) or interior where leaks can create a whole new set of problems.

Lasting up to twice as long as a comparable flooded lead-acid battery, you can be assured you will get great value from your AGM battery - especially at RockAuto's reliably low prices!

To see the Battery options we have for your specific vehicle, go to the RockAuto catalog and click on the "Electrical" category. Order a replacement AGM battery today and avoid getting stranded out in the cold. (AGM batteries are extremely heat tolerant as well!)
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RockAuto does not offer "free" shipping. Shipping is never free. Carriers must be paid for their work. Actual shipping costs vary widely depending on what you buy and where you are. "Free shipping" means higher prices to cover the average shipping cost and using profits from some orders to offset losses on others.

We think it makes more sense to set prices low and show what it really costs to deliver your order to you, passing on the cost and savings from decisions you make. To minimize shipping costs, choose parts that can ship from the same location.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the 10 yr old batteries your car will ever need, ROCK AUTO!

I wasn't able to find a lot of reviews on batteries purchased from Rock Auto online with the exception of a couple who said it was fine. Not sure if they checked their manufacturing dates on them before install.

The old saying goes, you get what you pay for....and I'm paying for it now in time and hassle. I purchased an AC Delco AGM battery from Rock Auto, received shipment, looked up the date code and discovered the battery is nearly 10 years old. I came across a post from someone faulting AC Delco's dating system because people could be selling 10 year old batteries as new batteries (only on digit for the year code). Thought that would be some pretty shady business practice if you were carrying 10 year old batteries and selling them as new with a 36 month warranty that expired 7 years ago. Never would've believed it happened to me...twice.

First time, I emailed Rock Auto they were prompt in their response in attempting to correct the situation. They wanted the 10 year old battery back...hmmmmmm???? Maybe to recycle, maybe to restock. Received the replacement that's older than the first one! (after the special notes for internals to discard old inventory and make sure it's a new battery). Rock Auto will now be also handling this other issue "internally." What they won't be handling is any resolution besides, send back the second almost 10 year old battery and replace the order online. By this time we might be into March which is when these batteries will appear to be manufactured new, when in fact they just had their 10th birthday. Beware of Rock Auto's batteries and anything else that has a shelf life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All the 10 yr old batteries your car will ever need, ROCK AUTO!

I wasn't able to find a lot of reviews on batteries purchased from Rock Auto online with the exception of a couple who said it was fine. Not sure if they checked their manufacturing dates on them before install.

The old saying goes, you get what you pay for....and I'm paying for it now in time and hassle. I purchased an AC Delco AGM battery from Rock Auto, received shipment, looked up the date code and discovered the battery is nearly 10 years old. I came across a post from someone faulting AC Delco's dating system because people could be selling 10 year old batteries as new batteries (only on digit for the year code). Thought that would be some pretty shady business practice if you were carrying 10 year old batteries and selling them as new with a 36 month warranty that expired 7 years ago. Never would've believed it happened to me...twice.

First time, I emailed Rock Auto they were prompt in their response in attempting to correct the situation. They wanted the 10 year old battery back...hmmmmmm???? Maybe to recycle, maybe to restock. Received the replacement that's older than the first one! (after the special notes for internals to discard old inventory and make sure it's a new battery). Rock Auto will now be also handling this other issue "internally." What they won't be handling is any resolution besides, send back the second almost 10 year old battery and replace the order online. By this time we might be into March which is when these batteries will appear to be manufactured new, when in fact they just had their 10th birthday. Beware of Rock Auto's batteries and anything else that has a shelf life.
UPDATE: Just got off the phone with AC Delco and I'm wrong. The date code that I was referencing in the future (G032R) is a distribution code that gives resellers 8 months on either side of the date code. Meaning it could be a future date, which it was in this case. The battery was made in November of 2021 according to AC Delco, but given a future date. I wish AC Delco would put out that information online, or change their year date code to a two digit system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.