Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2016 wrangler. I think the carpets were permitted to get wet at some point and they are emitting an odor. I'm not a carpet lover anyway, life is too busy to fret with keeping the interior looking like a brand new car -- has anyone replaced their carpet with a rubberized version? I bought all the rugged mats for the floorboards and cargo area, just thinking of going a step further. How much did it set you back, does it need a pad under it to avoid gobs of road noise without the carpet?
TIA!

·
Think Outside the Catalog
9,745 Posts
If you keep the top and doors on all the time, I'd probably keep carpet. You could just give it a try. It may not be easy, but you could remove the carpet intact, not cut it out. If you're not happy with it, put it back or get new. I have no top or doors 9 months of the year. My carpet is long gone.

·
Registered
11,659 Posts
Not sure I've ever seen a rubberized version, but they 'could' be out there?. Personally, I like carpet... and I only remove the HT in summer... just shop vac it now and again. But if yours is shot and you're not going to replace, I'd consider rhino liner. You can always throw in some single mats for the floor and the Jeep would be easy to clean. my $.o2

Reactions: Grey_Geist

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've torn out the carpet in my last two Jeeps....... and went with a spray in bed liner, like Rhino or such.
Added WeatherTech mats, and have not looked back.

Carpet and Jeeps go together like mashed potatoes and grape jelly....... both good, just not together!!!:geek:

·
Think Outside the Catalog
9,745 Posts
$750 for floor covering is nuts. Pull what's there and get a couple cheap floor mats to protect from long term shoe scuffing.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
has anyone replaced their carpet with a rubberized version? I bought all the rugged mats for the floorboards and cargo area, just thinking of going a step further. How much did it set you back, does it need a pad under it to avoid gobs of road noise without the carpet?
TIA!

WIll be interesting to see who has experience with this product....... looks to have potential!!
Looks like a lay in in lieu of a spray in, but somewhat similar finish.....

:)
You guys rang?

Sorry I'm late to the party.

I have a 2016 JKUS I ordered with some luxury features (heated leather, hardtop, Nav, Alpine). I run a softop about 3-seasons, spend weeks on the beach and occasionally get wetter than I want.

So I eventually realized I needed to ditch the carpet but wanted better insulation for temp and sound, while still maintaining the ability to use the drain plugs.

I installed the Armorlite last year and love it! Definitely easy to maintain and definitely adds insulation. The stuff is at least double the thickness of the cheap stock carpet with multiple layers of insulating material.

Any questions, ask away!

·
Registered
912 Posts
On my YJ
I removed the carpet, and added front floormats and a rubber liner
in the bed to keep things from sliding around and rattling.
I don't have a rear seat and almost never have the hardtop on.
Easy to clean and only have front matts due to the temp of the floor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts