Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I've got a 2001 Jeep Wrangler. Last year, I had the radiator replaced and a new cylinder head put on. After having the work done, I was still getting a smell of antifreeze in the Jeep. I took it back to the repair shop and they claimed it was because there was still some coolant puddled in the frame and they cleaned that out. But I'm still smelling coolant. I don't want to go back to the same place.

Does anyone know a good Jeep repair shop in the Grand Rapids area? Preferably the southeast side of GR?

Thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
What does your coolant overflow bottle look like, or the cap?? and or heater core inside the jeep? do you have carpet in there? also the water pumps generally have a little weep hole that if the bearing seal fails, water can seep (slowly at first) out of that hole and down the front of the block and dissapear for a long time before they really fail.. just some ideas on the smell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.