Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Price $289
Rating 5
Pros -Daylight and dark difference in my OEM Carter!
-Easy to tune
-Superior idle
Cons -Gaskets weren't exact
-Instructions were hard to follow and there were drawings and not actual photos
-Had to make bracket for throttle return spring
Recommended yes

Comments: Ordered kit from Carbs Unlimited, payed the extra shipping and received my new carb in three days. Installed in about 1 1/2 hours, tuned in about 10 min. Had a little trouble with the gaskets matching but contacted Redline tech support and was told how to correct issue. Still have to ensure vaccum lines are in all the right places, but so far so good!:cheers2:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Price $300
Pros Easy install, easy to rejet and adjust, more low end power, better mpg and doesnt choke out when climbing something steep like the carter did.
Cons Still a carb.
Recommended yes

Comments: Works great i have mine set up for wheeling so i lost some top end, but my jeep isn't built for speed its built for wheeling.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Price $250
Pros Easy install, better MPG
Cons N/a
Recommended yes

Comments: If you live in area you can eliminate emissions, this carb and a HEI distributor allows you to remove almost all the vacuum crap and computer under the hood! Engine runs smoother, stronger and better MPG's.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Price $150
Pros more power
Cons drinks more gas
Recommended no

Comments: It's a nice upgrade from the carter that came on the 258

·
Registered
62 Posts
Price $295
Pros Easy install and came with the throttle linkage assembled.
Cons Directions werenot as clear as I would have liked. Came with a nice collection of gaskets. Instructions did not have a parts inventory.
Recommended yes

Comments: Intially a good purchase. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.