1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $411
Rating 4
Average Price $285.05
Manufacturer Redline Weber Carburetors
Recommended Yes: 23 / No: 1

The Original reliable Weber auto choke unit for quicker starting and faster warm up. Improved fuel economy, and replacement performance. The best compromise of performance and economy.

Progressive two barrel carburetor with electric choke.

A great replacement for that sad and tired Carter on your 4.2L.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $300
Rating 4
Pros Better fuel econ, pickup, power, and starting.
Cons Poor instructions, does not come with recommended regulator
Recommended yes

Comments: This carb makes my 4.2 run 100x better than with the stock carter. It's better on gas, has more power, and has never stalled on me. The only real problem I have is with the instructions that came with it. They were for a different carb, had no relevant diagrams, and left out important information (it started on page 3, not 1), and tech support had no idea what I was talking about or how to help me. I fixed that by making a write-up for the carb swap here on JF. If you are thinking about installing a Weber, DO IT! You will never be happier with your 4.2 than when you install a Weber carburetor.

Link to Weber install
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=382309

·
Registered
116 Posts
Price $290
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the K551-M (manual choke) Starts right up and easy to tune (even for a rookie like myself). Lost part of the throttle link (due to mechanic's error) but not defect.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Price $289
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: This carb is head and shoulders above the stock Carter BBD. The absence of the complex stepper motor system is a huge advantage. Tuning the Weber is also easier than tuning the Carter BBD.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Price $289
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I've only had it a day but I'm impressed. I dont know the last time this thing ran so smooth and well mannered. No hiccups.... Only a slight performance gain as far as hp goes.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: I agree this is a nice upgrade for 1 or 2 barrel 4.2 liter jeep. Works realy well with correct jets, more power, response, and 24 mpg. Webers like a better ignition so do the TeamRush, aux grounds, and CDI if you can. Here is a link I put together for a good jet change and tune information on Weber 34/34. The carbs run and tune similar. Link info would be usefull for the 32/36 also. Lots of other links too. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=631105

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Price $340
Rating 5
Pros Excellent choice for an all inclusive install kit, with the DGEV 32/36
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Can't go wrong with this kit. The carb arrives to you ready to install and to enjoy. All the parts necessary to install are included.

The DGEV 32/36 would give you many, many years of reliable service with a product that has built in integrity, an abundance of support, and can be tuned to suit your individual requirements, without all the hassle associated with the most recent addition to these otherwise performance oriented products.

A wise choice the DGEV 32/36, get this one to GO. :2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Price $335
Rating 5
Pros The REDLINE K551 with the real Weber 32/36 DGEV is for typical street driving and is 100x better than the Carter BBD. I found that the instructions are very informative. When tuning I call REDLINE's tech help and found that all my questions were answered in the instructions. EXCELLENT
Cons I don't street drive, rebuilt engine, headers, with 33" tires, and carry some weight. I needed the Weber 38-DGES, kit number K551-38, no one knows this is what my application required.
Recommended yes

Comments: I upgraded to the K551-38 when the 32/36 at low RPM didn't have the torque that I needed with larger tires in soft dirt/sand. When tuned according to the great instructions I have GREAT low RPM torque and on the hwy I get 19 MPG. The 38-DGES is 1000x times better than the Carter BBD and 100x better than the 32/36 DGEV. Some people have said that the 38 is too big. I have thought about it and can't imagine this as, if I am at 1/2 throttle how many CFM's is that more than the 32/36 DGEV at 1/2 throttle. At wide open throttle I can see the more CFM's, but not at partial throttle. EXCELLENT choice I am sooo glad I upgraded to the Weber 38-DGES, it runs great.:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Price $70
Pros Replaced the old Carter! Easy to install, easy to set up.
Cons Would like to get a few miles more per gallon, but I have not yet tried re-jetting.
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought the Weber used of the auction site (it was not even listed as a Weber, just a YJ carb) a great deal, then bought a rebuild kit then rebuilt and installed. It is leaps and bounds above the Carter. Did have some minor issues with Choke adjustment but I think that is well behind me now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.