About a month ago, I finally got another Jeep so I could start going crawling again. I figured I would make another build thread, as its always fun to be able to go back and see all of the modifications done to it.
Here are the preliminary stats:
1998 XJ Manual
- 4.0L with 162K miles
- 4.88 gears with detriot locker in the rear 8.25
- 4.5" Rubicon Express Mid arm kit (I'm pretty sure) with low pro skid
- SYE and CV driveshafts
- looks like it may have a motor lift on it to increase angles
- Crown fenders (discontinued) - the front fenders were ripped up as the PO didnt understand what a bumpstop was, so I went ahead and tore them off.
- custom exhaust with some sort of glasspack and a turndown
JCR bumper with Smittybilt 12K winch
Problems with the Jeep when I purchased it:
- the doors can lock with a key, but none of the lock buttons work
- power steering completely fails at low RPMs
- bumpstops arent correct and the fender is being eaten
- front shocks were all torn up. Could open them like an accordion
- No interior lights worked
Anyway, here are some pics of when I first got her home:
Then I started buying some parts:
Heres the fender with the flares torn off before and after i gave it a little hammer work and fender liner:
Then I installed up a CB. Made a bracket for the antenna and for the headliner that utilized the sunvisor brackets:
Installed a new instrument panel that actually has worthwhile gauges on it, and threw in some LED bulbs while I was at it:
Installed some Bilstein 5100s up front and drooped the axle a bit for fun:
Tonight I got the old power steering pump out and am read to install a PSC pump as soon as I go rent a puller. Also installed a pump cooler behind the front bumper and a Crane diff cover up front.