Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
538 Posts
iv looked into it, rebuilt from my local engine rebuilder (promar) seems to be about 1200+ your core. doesnt seem too bad. depending on how you are with a wrench, you could always pick up a beat 2.5 for like 100 bucks, a rebuild kit for 350, and than do it yourself. even if you dropped the bottom end off at a shop to have the hone/replace bearing, you would still probably save loot.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
iv looked into it, rebuilt from my local engine rebuilder (promar) seems to be about 1200+ your core. doesnt seem too bad. depending on how you are with a wrench, you could always pick up a beat 2.5 for like 100 bucks, a rebuild kit for 350, and than do it yourself. even if you dropped the bottom end off at a shop to have the hone/replace bearing, you would still probably save loot.
I just remembered. I delivered parts for Ford years back and picked up at the Teterborough warehouse. I also picked up reman engines at a company called
Rightway rebuilts also in Jersey, maybe just off of the GW bridge

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$1550.00 free shipping, not too bad?

2.5L Rebuilt 87-96 Jeep 150 Engine. This rebuilt engine features a 5 year/unlimited mile warranty. Standard features include new pistons and rings, camshaft, lifters, oil pump, rod bearings, main bearings, gaskets, and reconditioned cylinder heads. You will be provided with the remaining gaskets not used in building the engine. Free shipping is included.

Jeep Remanufactured Rebuilt Engines

SKU JEP-150-258796
Weight 300.0 lb
Qty
Price $1,550.00

Specifications

Block #200, 059, 532, 403 Head #403, 117

Crank #904 Crank Snout 2.125"

Oil Bypass in Filter, Not in Block

Fuel Injected ONLY

VIN-H, P

150/2.5L

Features

New Pistons and Rings

New Camshaft

New Rod, Main, and Cam Bearings

New Oil Pump

New Gasket Set

New Timing Set

Reconditioned Heads

FREE SHIPPING

5 Year/Unlimited Mile Warranty

·
Registered
106 Posts
jamesx2,

Thats a good price with a good Warranty. I have been looking. Used http://www.daveysjeeps.com/ has one with 50K for $750.00 wants $350.00 to ship to Illinois. Jasper wants $2,000.00. But I think its a 3 year 100K. The Year Warranty is more important then the miles. No way I am hitting 100k in 3 Years. You have a link to that place?

Good luck and let us know what you do. I do have a local guy in Illinois Looking for me I would rather buy local. Then if I do have problems I can deal with it locally. I don't want to hear,,,Well if you take the engine out and send to us...most of the time the Warranty covers Parts and workmanship not labor.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I had mine rebuilt locally for just over a thousand. Guy put a new clutch on too, which brought the total to about $1250.

·
Registered
106 Posts
What do you think of this...
http://www.rebuilt-auto-engines.com..._vid=24968&sid=1AlF2z1zp5II7r7-56108520173.52

7yrs/70,000miles warranty...

$1037.00 + $175.00 shipping...

$80.00 extra if you need lift truck for Illinois. Free it looks like from West of the Rocky's.

Total: $1,212.00 without lift $1.292.00 withlift.

Ah but I called them and they said you have to pay $175.00 shipping back.

So screw that I'll just give it to the bone Yard. It just so happens that this engine has a cheap core price. For other engines it's probably worth it.

So my cost $1,387.00 delivered. Now how to explain to the wife :nono:

·
Registered
106 Posts
jamesx2,

What did you end up doing if anything yet ?
I ended up going with Jasper Engines: $1900 + $250 core. My core was completely shot. Holes through the oil pan and the block was cracked. 60k on engine, swear the guy never changed the oil. The oil filter was just sludge and the valve cover was caked with sludge.

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm300/g8ts/DSC01763.jpg

High price but figure I am going to keeper for a long time. So hopefully with the Jasper I got a good reputable rebuild and from here on out I know what I got.

Almost in so I'll post some pic's soon. Jasper dropped off right at the door and then picked up old one. No problem, no hassles.

Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Too bad I don't still have my old 2.5 laying around anymore. I would let you have it for $50... Anyway, I got my engine from a local guy, it was out of a '97, and he fully rebuilt it. IIRC, it was like $1100, and I gave him what was left of my '84 CJ. For $1550, free shipping and that warranty, I don't think your gonna do much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.