12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $897
Rating 3
Average Price $537
Manufacturer rampage
Recommended Yes: 17 / No: 1

i ordered this bumper from 4wheelparts, they were not the cheapest, (JCW had them beat by $95 but they matched it with no questions asked) but i loved their service from when i got my tires so i chose them. The bumper was at my door ten days after i placed the order! The bumper came shipped UPS while i was at work, so i expected it to be destroyed, but rampage boxes this thing UPS proof, using triple layered cardboard and even wood. It weighed in at 130 lbs so its no light weight, but i was able to do the install by my self. The instructions were rather poor, rather vauge in what you should do, but did have nice pictures. It came with everything needed to bolt the bumper on including all the bolts, washers, nylon lock nuts, and lock washers, and even (2) 3/4" D-ring shackles!!

Install tips and hints, do the bumper then once its on add carrier, and do the lights last as those holes make it nice to reach some of the bolts and also great for carrying it around, having small hand helps ALOT if you dont have small hands get a friend who does to help you.

Some pros of this thing is the carrier has an adjustable latch so it can be tightened, and has way more adjustablity then needed (almost 2" of thread) and you can even adjust the tire mount to allow for different depth wheels (the backspacing), has intergrated hitch, uses (10) bolts to mount to the frame, i wont think twice about towing with this thing even though its not rated, great welds, and unlike older modles the latch has a saftey pin that must be pulled befor you can open latch and carrier,

Cons are not boxed but is reenforced so dont think it needed, to get to the pin for reciever hitch you must reach under bumper and behind gas tank, directions suck, carrier hinge isnt greaseable,

on a side not dont order their $80 lights, go to wal-mart and get the 4" driving lights from there, they are >$40 and fit great, you just need longer bolts,

Final thoughts, a great bumper that looks even better, is a little on the expensive side ($580 plus shipping) but far as im concerned its very well worth it

Attachments

·
Have Cummins, Will tow.
12,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: well ive now had this bumper for few weeks, including a wheeling trip and i also moved, i did tow a 4'x8'x5' trailer stuffed with my bed, dresser, clothes and other random stuff, towed over 300 miles to be exact, i love this thing, no hitch "pop" like with reciever hitches, the only down fall is i had to get a 5.25" drop down reciever to keep trailer level, i give this bumper:2thumbsup:

well after few years still no rattles, little tough to open but i also never greasedthe pin when i installed it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.