Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sounds like a bad compressor. Mine just went 2 weeks ago. Bad compressor and front airlines were destroyed. Over $2300 bill. Route 66 covered all but 200 for nitrogen fill and dig time. For the last 2 seasons when the temps change in iowa some component of the air suspension fails in my 12 overland

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yep. Compressor. Our 2017 trail hawks bit the dust. Thought the repair was closer to $3000 all in. But hey, what's a few hundred $ between Jeep nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
95 Posts
If threads like this don't give you pause when considering a used QL vehicle or even a new one. I read this forum extensively prior to getting a WK2 ...I first considered a used 15 overland but settled on a new limited and my main decisions were items I didn't want...all due to insight i received reading this forum. Sure it all sounds good but several threads recently have only justified my decisions to exclude certain options...I spent some on installing recovery hooks and skid plates and dual exhaust and think the HID lights would be neat but I am still not convinced they are nightmares too. Thanks to all who influenced me when deciding.
That's how I ended up with a JKU for myself. Had all these cars and trucks that had every option under the sun on them and guess what always breaks. The extra crap.

Even on my JKU when it does weird stuff, it is with the navigation radio/Bluetooth. But once I heard the Alpine radio upgrade I had to have it and this was the one we found.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would head back to that dealership ASAP and inquire with the service manager about their procedure for the refill of these systems as there was no nitrogen on the invoice line items.

If it is refilled with air from their regular system I would raise hell.

The fact that people feel the need to pull the fuse in order to try and save the compressor is really depressing, especially on a $55,000 vehicle.

Ours started making noise again Friday AM. Temps were in the 20’s. But no lights or warnings. Less than a year after having a new compressor installed. I was off work and wife is still off work due to a procedure she had to have. We drove it to the Lexus dealer and traded it immediately. Especially knowing what we were going to have to go thru to get it replaced again and only having 3000 miles left on the warranty. And we were told it was just the 3/36 that covered the air suspension parts as it is not considered “powertrain”. And the MaxCare warranty I priced out was ridiculously expensive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
...and that's exactly I purchased the 7/75 Max Care warranty one month after taking delivery of my Limited. The whole air suspension system is covered. Cost was $1,050.
Wow. That is a lot cheaper that what we were quoted via the mailer that FCA sends out to people that are about out of warranty. Don't recall what exactly it was but if I recall it was about 3x that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
There are a few on line dealers that discount warranty plans significantly. It doesn't matter where you buy it, all dealers love the warranty work.

There have been quite a few threads on the subject, I think Robbins provides consistent good deals.
Going to look at one on my Wrangler.
Thanks for the name.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Two months with a new compressor and now getting the message "Air Suspension System - Cooling Down Please Wait" and it having difficulty going to OR1 / OR2. Now hearing clearly it discharging air between height changes like someone disconnected an air hose....it still gets to the height but thinking it shouldn't be getting that "hot" that quickly....40 degree temps in WI.
I wonder if they pressure tested the system before they gave it back to you. I would assume they had to when filling it??? But for sure sounds like there is a leak and it is causing the compressor to heat up.

Frustrating.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.