Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
201 - 220 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Had to cut the long pipe to fit. No biggie, I nailed it! I may take this back to the same shop and say this is what I wanted y'all to do. Can you weld it up for free.

Also it's pretty close to the shock reservoir now....lol f me
Green Grass Pollution Gas Waste

Automotive tire Tread Automotive wheel system Gas Tints and shades

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Car Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
You know what, no...I'm gonna go back to AA Muffler in Englewood, CO. They've actually done me right in the past on exhaust work. Thinking I could have them cut and extend where the bend is by the axle and move the tailpipe tip over to the right an inch or so. Should be all the clearance I need.

Reactions: 2001_Cherokee_4door

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Went for a test drive. It sounds SOOOOO GOOD! Props to Extremeterrain.com for the spot on rating of Medium Loud, and the excellent comparison stock/redrock sound clips.

I'll have the GOOD shop weld it up because there still all some leaks around the band clamps.

This is what I was expecting to pick up from original shop

Reactions: 2001_Cherokee_4door

·
Registered
1978 Jeep Cj5 OEM AMC 304
159 Posts
ANY work you can do yourself will be better than work you pay for.

Reactions: scootter82

·
Premium Member
10,794 Posts
My buddies wife has an all stock 2 door JK Rubicon in Red Rock, it's either an 07 or 08, he bought her a t-shirt that said 'I rock harder than you' with a mountain outline in the back. I snapped a pic and inserted the word 'red' in that color, and made them a poster for the garage...

Hoss

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
That's the 'muffler'? :ROFLMAO:

Looks like it should have plenty of clearance now though?

Hoss
Looks more like a resonator, right? Lol. I think how it is should be fine after it's welded up. If it shifts with the band clamps it could/did touch the shock reservoir. I'll ask what the exhaust shop says about cutting/extending to clear better. They did the same thing for my Tacoma's exhaust to clear the leafs.

Lol, Imma have to get that poster!

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
Ok, instead of getting the transmission cooler next, I just ordered a Joying Adroid 11.6" touchscreen headunit! Getting tired of backing up and not being able to see some things. And for rock crawling I'll be able to hook up several cheap cameras to display on screen. Should also help a lot as a selling point.

I installed this in my previous Tacoma, and plan on installing it in my Tundra as well. For the price you seriously update the technology of the ride. No Sony or Pioneer unit really comes close to this, and they will all cost twice as much. With this You get a USB dash cam, backup cam, and another auxiliary video input that I'll attach a multi cam switcher to, all that displays on the headunit. I get free data SIM cards from my carrier and have unlimited data plan.This headunit has a SIM card port. So that the radio gets it own data instead of relying on my cell phone. It also has wifi so you can use your home wifi to do updates and downloads with. Also comes with a wireless ODB2 reader and can display vehicle info on the headunit.

+ $625

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·
Some pics of it in my Tacoma
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Mode of transport

Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle Vehicle audio Technology

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
Need to do a little research, but around $80, this is the type of video splitter I'll use to have cameras on all sides of the jeep.

Edit: dang it's only $35 on Amazon. May order but researching 5 or more camera switchers

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #212 ·
What do y'all think are the preferred locations for rock crawling cameras? I'll have one dedicated backup camera, and 4 other camera's to place around the vehicle. Thinking one in front to see if I'll bash anything. Would be nice to have one for each wheel wheel, but I'm left with only three spots.

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
Ok, instead of getting the transmission cooler next, I just ordered a Joying Adroid 11.6" touchscreen headunit! Getting tired of backing up and not being able to see some things. And for rock crawling I'll be able to hook up several cheap cameras to display on screen. Should also help a lot as a selling point.

I installed this in my previous Tacoma, and plan on installing it in my Tundra as well. For the price you seriously update the technology of the ride. No Sony or Pioneer unit really comes close to this, and they will all cost twice as much. With this You get a USB dash cam, backup cam, and another auxiliary video input that I'll attach a multi cam switcher to, all that displays on the headunit. I get free data SIM cards from my carrier and have unlimited data plan.This headunit has a SIM card port. So that the radio gets it own data instead of relying on my cell phone. It also has wifi so you can use your home wifi to do updates and downloads with. Also comes with a wireless ODB2 reader and can display vehicle info on the headunit.

+ $625

It'll basically take up the 12" space! Lol
Oh and did I mention it's completely plug n play?!

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Audio equipment Vehicle

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #214 ·
Ordered some bolt on side mirrors for when the doors are off. Getting tired of trying to look into them when they're not there lol + $75. Also ordered a sun shade top + $80

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Joying Headunit mocked mocked up. Waaay bigger lol. But still fits nicely. I absolutely love these units!

Media player Parking meter Steering wheel Vehicle Automotive design

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Mocking up the 1080p cameras around the jeep with magnets till I figure out their permanent locations
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bicycle part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
The Headunit also comes with a cell phone SIM card. I ran the 4G LTE antennas to the passenger and driver's side upper pillar arms.
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Tread

Communication Device Gadget Font Portable communications device Display device

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 · (Edited)
@JoonHoss got a question for ya. While I was researching wheel shimmy/death wobble I saw that factory JK wheels have a recessed spot on the back side of wheel to allow the keeper washer rotor clips that holds the rotors on, to sit in. And you're supposed to remove those washers rotor clips with aftermarket wheels that don't have the recessed space on the back of the wheels.

So, I'm rotating the tires and noticed my aftermarket wheels DO have the recessed spot, and I DO NOT have the keeper washers on the rotors. Would this also cause wheel shimmy?
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread

·
Premium Member
10,794 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Nope! Shouldn't make a difference at all. As a matter of fact, I'm putting on some new tires as I type, and my clips are gone as well.

The surface of your wheel is still flat against the drum. As long as your lugs are good, you should be too

You have so much new stuff under there.... alot of adjustments to be made. Did you balance your tires?

Hoss

201 - 220 of 234 Posts