Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Also I didn't put the tops back on and it's raining in the area....

• Sad
Reactions: 2001_Cherokee_4door

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Ruh-roh!😟

Hoss
Meh, it did get pretty dirty from off-roading with the doors off, so I'll consider it a free bath lol. Also it has seat covers and all weather floor mats. We've been getting scattered thunderstorms off and on in Denver the last few weeks. Nothing like back in TX where it full on thunderstorms all day for a week

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 · (Edited)
Jeep back home again. While I gotta say the people/owner at the shop were nice, and they have a super nice facility/large building, I won't be using them again. They got the alignment done, double checked all my bolts, cool. One of the things I was originally miffed about was that they didn't chop off the axle side welds and weld in the new ones. The owner spoke with me today and explained why, which I'm cool with just they should have updated me originally. Ok miscommunication. They kept the factory mounts because I believe he said the pinion angle was just fine at 10*. Cool I'm ok with that. Only wanted them chopped so the angle was right and if you're saying it's good, as is I'm good.
The main issue was they didn't fully seat the mid pipe to the y pipe, and there's notches on both ends, it was maybe 1/3 seated with an obvious leak. The other was they reused my original muffler, after I specifically said no less than three times it was too big for the space since the Evo kit moved the sway bar location and the muffler was rubbing/bouncing on it. Well they still reused the factory muffler and said that they noticed the exhaust hanger bracket was bent so the adjusted it not to hit. And said if it still is bring it back. Ok...as long as it's not rubbing or clanking still...

Overall I'd say 6.5/10. My expectations were at an 11 based on the bill.

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Oh ya I didn't notice any wet spots in the jeep so maybe they had it inside last night. That's a plus!

·
Registered
2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic (4dr, 4x4)
48 Posts
Jeep back home again. While I gotta say the people/owner at the shop were nice, and they have a super nice facility/large building, I won't be using them again. They got the alignment done, double checked all my bolts, cool. One of the things I was originally miffed about was that they didn't chop off the axle side welds and weld in the new ones. The owner spoke with me today and explained why, which I'm cool with just they should have updated me originally. Ok miscommunication. They kept the factory mounts because I believe he said the pinion angle was just fine at 10*. Cool I'm ok with that. Only wanted them chopped so the angle was right and if you're saying it's good, as is I'm good.
The main issue was they didn't fully seat the mid pipe to the y pipe, and there's notches on both ends, it was maybe 1/3 seated with an obvious leak. The other was they reused my original muffler, after I specifically said no less than three times it was too big for the space since the Evo kit moved the sway bar location and the muffler was rubbing/bouncing on it. Well they still reused the factory muffler and said that they noticed the exhaust hanger bracket was bent so the adjusted it not to hit. And said if it still is bring it back. Ok...as long as it's not running or clanking still...

Overall I'd say 6.5/10. My expectations were at an 11 based on the bill.
Man that sucks, hopefully the next shop is slightly cheaper, does a better job, and is just as nice!

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Ya. I just mostly don't like paying for extra work I could have done myself.

Still what's next, I still have the front Evo spec King bumpstops to install. Then I need to buy front parking light and blinker bulbs. But this puppy is getting listed for sale this weekend! Doubt it's gonna get asking price until frame work and salvage title get updated to rebuilt title. But who knows! There's always people with more money than sense on the trails, and rig wise mine was one of the best out there....on a Monday, I saw like 4 jeeps lol.

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
One dude did the whole same trail on leaf springs all around on his jeep. Idk what model, but so bouncy lol

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
What do y'all think of this high clearance exhaust? Only $260 for the mid-pipe back. And that's all the problem areas left over from the shop fixes. They still didn't get the mid to y-pipe connection fully seated and factory muffler was hitting on the passenger side. This would eliminate that issue all together since it only routes out the back on the drivers side.

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
Went ahead and ordered it. Currently two promotions with it. $30 rebate from RedRock, and a $50 coupon card from ExtremeTerrain

+ $275

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
I'll be curious to see what, if any, percived affect it has on performance...

Hoss
Little if anything. It'll just sound cool lol. This jeep is the most underpowered vehicle I've owned in the last 10 years lol.

And probably gets better gas mileage than my current 2021 Tundra and 2005 M3

Reactions: JoonHoss

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
if it ends up being too loud I'll just buy a small cheap resonator to install before the muffler

I'll probably spray paint the exhaust in some high temp POR. In the review he mentions it's probably 405 stainless steel and susceptible to surface rust

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #194 ·
Got the build sheet for the jeep. Looks like it came with every available option. And I guess the heated seats were installed by the previous owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Guessing that initial 5 gallons of extra gas is long gone now... :ROFLMAO:

Hoss
I missed that till you said it, that's hilarious! Especially since it's an option. Like how many gallons is it supposed to come with? Did they hand the buyer a jerry can? I need answers

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Oh sweet! Exhaust already shipped and should be here Sunday.

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
Notched the mid to y pipe so that it actually fully seats. All this is the what I had expected the shop to do...
Wood Glove Hand tool Grass Tool

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Rim

·
Registered
Rubicon
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Lol
Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Window

181 - 200 of 234 Posts