Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bicentennial Nickel
2,434 Posts
Fatman said:
Fuel tank is a 24 gal from Trail Quest trailquest.com 800 770 2617
I have to be missing something here.
I can't seem to see what the price is for the gas tank.
I see that it says oversized 23 gal. hevey duty tank for a CJ or YJ, but no prices...

Do you remember how much the tank was?

Thanks,
cb

·
Bicentennial Nickel
2,434 Posts
The gas tank company isn't out of business, they just can't get insurance to make tanks from what I was told.

They said they would sell me the pieces for about the same price, but I woudl have to weld it.

I am looking for other options now.

cb

·
Bicentennial Nickel
2,434 Posts
Looking good fatman... I spent the weekend taking off tractor parts (plow, snowblower, chains) and putting on the mower deck, fixing broken parts on the tractor, greasing it up, etc.

I then put on a new screen/glass door for the deck that opened the right way and hten moved onto washing all the salt off the tractor, snowblower, plow, wife's car.

Not quite working on the Jeep too much when all the cleanup from living in the rust belt must be done!

Keep up the good work!

cb

·
Bicentennial Nickel
2,434 Posts
That is the hard part, the in-laws were up this weekend and I had help to get some of the stuff done around the house, especially the new deck door, so I had to take it when I could get it.

I am all done with my fertilizing, crabgrass killing, seeding, weeding, dump runs and now I can get back to it...

oh yeah, new 30x40 garage construction starts next week!

cb

·
Bicentennial Nickel
2,434 Posts
You da man! You need to start your own Jeep restoration shop and join the Teutul Boys on TLC only with JEEPS.
I pitched this idea to them a while back, but they said that they needed to know WHO the audience would be.

Basically they were fishing for how much drama one could create and if they could portray it in a way that people would tune in to see drama. I watch car shows for tech, not drama, but apparently the world does not.

cb

·
Bicentennial Nickel
2,434 Posts
That last picture almost looks fake... it is very cool to see it being used.

That said, any issues since day 1 that you care to share? Since I got my silver one on the road the HEI distributor needed to be replaced... also I had an issue with the brake booster... you can't expect to build something and have everything work great right out the door... always little tweaks here and there.

cb

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.