Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
Looks great. I've really got to come by and check it out if I can ever get done being perpetually sick.

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
Dave, looking good there. Almost warm enough for the Herc job now.

I saw the comment someone made about Fram oil filters, and it reminded me I just read a big website write-up about filters in general. I've known since I went to engine school back in the early 90's that the regular non-HP Frams were some of the sorriest filters out there...they had far less filtration material in them. (the school had all the brands cut open for us to see)
This site here did the same, plus tested them
Conclusion was that regular Frams still suck, and some filters that didn't use to suck now do. (AC Delco now not made by AC Delco)
The Fram X2 is considered a good filter. Didn't see your pic so I don't know which one you have.

I rather suspect that if you change the oil when you're supposed to, it really won't matter much in the long run.

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
Your going with a non-OD tranny on a semi-dd? Or is this just going to be his toy? I understand the strength diff, but unless your going big tire I dont think you'll need the grunt of the 18.
But it's an easy swap, and even a kid would have trouble breaking a T-18.

I think an NV 3500 would be a great choice if FM decides on another 5-speed.

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
Dave, looks very nice.

As for the air filter issue, ever think about fabbing up, or possibly modding an aftermarket intake tube and putting the filter over on the side somewhere? Then you could run a big ol' cone filter.

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
Dave, who'd you have do the windshield?

Also, I'd recommend highly not to drive the Jeep at night without the windshield, unless you enjoy a little extra "bug juice".

Don't ask how I know or how big a bug I swallowed one night........

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
I need to come test-sit those new seats and see if I fit. By the looks of Aryn in them, I'm thinking I probably won't fit.

·
Go Wolfpack
2,600 Posts
Awesome Dave! Bet the son was thrilled to get the keys! :cheers2:
Ha. He forgot to mention the part where he took them back right afterwards.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.