Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Pacfanweb said:
Looks great. I've really got to come by and check it out if I can ever get done being perpetually sick.
I agree with this man.:tea: I need to check it out as well next time I'm down that way.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Fatman said:
The Herc will overlap the paint by about an inch all the way around.

Overspray? I'm going to be a little bit more careful than that. It will be taped off and sealed before the first can of Herc even gets opened. :thumbsup:
Ill warn you, the Herc gets EVERYWHERE. I'm talking it traveled at least 5 feet and got on my frame when I was doing the inside of my body. I'm still finding new specks of it in my shop.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
TetanusCJ7 said:
The flip flops are a standard issue item when working on Jeeps down here in Florida! At least he doesn't have a cigarette hanging out of his mouth like one of my neighbors....does Tyvex burn?????

But seriously, good work Fatman...your project looks fantastic. And you have thoroughly convinced me that my Jeep is a hoopty.
He could of made a new one rolling off the line in 1985 look like a hoopty.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
BESRK said:
<---------- Sitting outside Fatman's window waiting patiently for the painted tub to show up. Seriously.. look out the window Dave... :D
Eddie, do you have my cage with you?:tea:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
uh-oh, let me know when you come get your Jeep from the painter man, we can do lunch, my treat.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It hasn't been as warm down there as it has up here has it Dave? It was 70+ 3 days this week up here. I sprayed some of my last stuff actually, and it set up great.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Looking good man, I wish I had all the skills and tools you had. ealousy. We need to go on a wheeling expedition sometime.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
No hydro clutch fat man? I'm sort of surprised. I figured you would be the one to do the AX15 since the son will no doubt be driving it quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Gotta break the T-4 first. Then I'll find a T-18.
Your going with a non-OD tranny on a semi-dd? Or is this just going to be his toy? I understand the strength diff, but unless your going big tire I dont think you'll need the grunt of the 18.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I do like those mirrors fat. Howd you do those? If I have one thing against my CJ it's the goofy looking mirrors. We need to get a little NC wheeling trip done when the 3 or 4 of us get done with our restorations. I thought my CJ was nice, you make me feel ashamed. Also, didn't you say your painter was in Hickory? PM me with some details, I wouldn't mind a pro job depending on how proud he is of his work.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Thank you sir, I was thinking that was the case.

The brackets come with the mirrors.
The ones I got were from 4WD:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=3644
$90.00 for the pair.
Eric drilled and taped the existing hinges and then we took a cut off and flushed the threads on the inside of the hinge. I used SS Allen machine bolts with nylock nuts to mount the hinges.

Amen to that, looking forward to getting this done. First trip Hilton Head, SC

You need to knok that crap off. your rig is sweet, Eddie did you a nice cage!
My painter, ... Let's just say I'd find someone else. Not the most pleased as I thought I was. :thumbdown:
Thanks man, your jeep makes me feel good. Any plans to hit Tellico or Uwharrie in the summer? Buddy and I are thinking about taking a little trip before I start college.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Plans yes, when... who knows.
Where are ya going off to? Hope yer com'n to State. Daes gots good educamacation here!
Going to NASCAR tech actually, but I've got several friends going down to state. Our trip is in the extreme early planning phases. If you want to join let me know man, we can plan around you, as the two of us can take any time off we want with like 3 weeks notice.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I sent you a PM man, requesting help, I feel like a patsy asking for donations or something. Curse all your good designs.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Dave, I never saw what you said you were using all your switches for? Ever decide yet?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Dave, if you like the comfort of the seats but not the color you could always get them re-covered. Most any auto restoration place or even some furniture manufacturers could set you up. It would look good with yellow insets and black side bolsters.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Any wagers on how long the T4 is going to last with the young'n driving around? (relative term, I'm only two years older). I know how teenagers like to rip gears in their toys.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
What is that VA disgrace of a plate doing on the fine NC Jeep?:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Very, Very nice Dave. Now, kick it in 4low and run over some stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.