It's been a while since I've got to work on the YJ and frankly the project has regressed. I'll explain.
The antique Currie 9" front I have was built for a CJ7 with narrow frame rails and a passenger drop pinion. When I aligned the axle up and eyed the driveshaft angles it presented a problem with the oil pan. Pictured here is a 1" tube from pinion to tcase output at ride height.
ALSO, the NP231 tcase that I removed and sold to a friend, turned out to not work for him. It's a 21 spline input.
My 231/300 tcase set is 23 spline input and will not work with the NP465 trans. Simple solution, the original 231 is going back in.
That means I need a drivers drop front axle. The whole concept of this project has been utilizing old parts I have, so I'm going to make the Currie 9" front work with reusing the axle shafts and width but driverside drop.