Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Periodically HD does crazy cheap deals combining battery and tool combos on their Ryobi line (far and away the best time to buy)

Picked up 1/2 drive impact wrench combo, with battery for $99.

FWIW

Reactions: zipman35

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
I found out years ago, the best time to buy tools was at Christmas and Father's Day. We just picked up one of their "6 tool combo kit" to split between two households, mine and one of my grown kids. We each got the pieces we needed plus a couple others, like an led flashlight, that we really didn't need, but a neat tool. And still saved money.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found out years ago, the best time to buy tools was at Christmas and Father's Day. We just picked up one of their "6 tool combo kit" to split between two households, mine and one of my grown kids. We each got the pieces we needed plus a couple others, like an led flashlight, that we really didn't need, but a neat tool. And still saved money.
During the year keep your eyes open. There were a couple of the 'buy batteries get tools', I wound up with a hedge trimmer and weed cuter essentially free. And now I have 6 good batteries... I never run out of power.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for this alert. My wife was able to snag the last one at our local HD, and the box was opened so she received an additional $10 off. Nice pick up for $89 :grin2:

·
5,573 Posts
I originally had Craftsman battery tools (old 12V Nicads) and gave up on them when the replacement batteries I bought directly from Sears lasted less than a year while my original batteries lasted almost 10 years.

I made the switch to Ryobi based on the performance of a friends Ryobi's, price and variety of available One+ tools. I'm very happy with my Ryobi tools. Started with the 6 piece set from HD ( Sawzall, Trim Saw, 1/4" Impact, Flashlight, 1/2" Drill and Circular saw). Added the 1/2" Impact, 4 1/2" Angle Grinder, 3/8" Ratchet, Jig Saw, Leaf Blower, String Trimmer, 18 GA Finish Nailer, Portable Fan and the Soldering Iron. The 1/2" drill burned out (I used it a lot in high load situations where I probably should have used a corded drill) and I replaced it with the 1/2" Hammer Drill. I also carry the 10" Chain Saw in my Jeep. Several of the tools came from Ryobi Days and 4 AH battery purchases. I have 9-4 AH batteries and 3-4 1.3 AH batteries. I love Ryobi Days.

I carry the impacts, angle grinder and drill with 4 batteries on all wheeling trips (and now the Chain Saw) and I have actually used the angle grinder the most.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts