Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

· Who, me?
967 Posts
Maine is like no other place on earth. The people are as nice as Minnesotans, as smart as New Yorkers, as warm and caring as Vermonters, generally as inclusive as Californians, and as practical as, well, Mainers. That last part goes a long way to making the other parts work.

it will not be like Texas, but it's gonna be fun. Rock on.

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You are so right! Only met one Ugly person so far.... it was a Black Bear out on a field and it wasn't talking. He was a bruiser too! Anyway, Folks are really nice here. Very small community. The Dodge dealer here has a Jeeper on their mechanical staff too! :tea:

· Who, me?
967 Posts
Bummer, but better to find out now.

Good luck.

· Registered
54 Posts
I've lived in presqur isle my whole life, great town, with a great community. I have a 92 yj with a 5 inch lift on 33's it has a green military style paint job you may have seen around, for the past month it is in the garge getting new paint, i hope to see you around and maybe sometime we can go mudding out to burtlands

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I've lived in presqur isle my whole life, great town, with a great community. I have a 92 yj with a 5 inch lift on 33's it has a green military style paint job you may have seen around, for the past month it is in the garge getting new paint, i hope to see you around and maybe sometime we can go mudding out to burtlands
Sounds like a plan. Still need to get the U-Joints done yet. Did manage to do a little off roading behind Hanson Lake looking at a vacant property back there.
:tea:

· Registered
54 Posts
Very cool, someone tore up the land out there so now its all posted and the cops are always out there, how are you liking it here? I've kept an eye out around town for your jeep, the sort roads are always good for a nice ride, I work at the local bike shop, mojo

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
It's miles of difference here as compared to living near the Mexican boarder. No crime that I can see. PI is nice and quiet. Quite a nice place. Just wish I knew more people to hang with at times. Been driving around town in the Jeep last few days and again today. Had to go to Boston last week. Which Bike shop? Headed down to Bangor soon. Usually stop off at Tim Horton's once a day... Quite a few Jeeps up here. Love the snow plow setups.

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey! I recognize your Jeeps, I see them all the time. The YJ at Mojo's and the LJ around town. I live out on the Washburn Road, right on the river. I wish I'd known there was a PI thread before. I spend alot of time wheeling off the dirt section of the Chapman Road leading towards the south end of Scopan Lake. Here are my two Jeeps:

My TJ, on a logging road overlooking Scopan:

On the shore of Scopan:

And my XJ, on the shore of the Machias River, off the Pinkham Road in NMW:

If you see me around, give a wave! :wave:

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hey! I recognize your Jeeps, I see them all the time. The YJ at Mojo's and the LJ around town. I live out on the Washburn Road, right on the river. I wish I'd known there was a PI thread before. I spend alot of time wheeling off the dirt section of the Chapman Road leading towards the south end of Scopan Lake. Here are my two Jeeps:

My TJ, on a logging road overlooking Scopan:

On the shore of Scopan:

Great looking Jeeps. Actually I'm glad to have started this thread. Gives everyone up here a way to communicate around the same subject line. I would like, if Possible, to have a Jeep get together at some point. Kick tires, share information, Meet and Greet... PS, My name is Ray AKA: "John".:thumbsup:

And my XJ, on the shore of the Machias River, off the Pinkham Road in NMW:

If you see me around, give a wave! :wave:
Jeep Forum giving me a little trouble here....

· Registered
54 Posts
Well this is sweet, so we have 3 jeepers in pi and I know another guy with a nice yj, let's start a club or something. I'm pumped there are actually other people around here into jeeps. We should all meet up and go out to chapman (burtlands) anyone free around the end of the month?

· Registered
1,395 Posts
Well this is sweet, so we have 3 jeepers in pi and I know another guy with a nice yj, let's start a club or something. I'm pumped there are actually other people around here into jeeps. We should all meet up and go out to chapman (burtlands) anyone free around the end of the month?
Yeah, I ought to be free. I'd definitely be up for that.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.