Poison Spyder Customs Trail Cage [$315]

14409 10
Product Information
Price $315
Rating 3
Average Price $668.6
Manufacturer Poison Spyder Customs
Recommended Yes: 9 / No: 1

Poison Spyder Jeep Trail Cage comes disassembled. Kit components are constructed from 1.75" .125 wall DOM, all plates and gussets are 3/16" laser plate. Parts are cut, coped and ready for assembly.

The trail cage is an eight piece set that utilizes the factory cage as a platform. The kit comes with two dash to floor supports, two upper pillars that welds to factory windshield bars. A dash and upper windshield bar, and two center spreaders that can be located in several positions.

Front pillar mount does not intrude into the interior of dash. Cage is secured at the windshield, front gusseted pillar, factory mounts on the door jam and to the floor through the forward drain hole. Providing solid strength from the top of the windshield to the floor.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $315
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Looks great, welding it was a task, but worth the hassle. (make sure you put the doors on and test shutting them before finalizing the welding) Rattle can painted and was very impressed with the overall outcome.

·
This post/info=my opinion
24,643 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Price $1300
Pros Came fully welded and shipped UPS freight
Cons Prep work before paint
Recommended yes

Comments: After beating myself up getting the stock SPORTS BAR out of the jeep the new cage went in with very little work, ( I did fold down the front windsheild).

The only pain was painting the cage itself, it needed a little cleaning up, (about 2 hours of cleaning), and then I sprayed it with bed liner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $1500
Pros Strong!
Cons Not made for tall people
Recommended yes

Comments: This cage is extremely strong. It is designed so you can fit a soft top overit if needed. Hopefully I will never have to test its full capability!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Price $470
Pros Amazing Fit
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: It is a very well put together product. The fit was amazing, It was TIG welded and looks great. Very sturdy and would put in any jeep I own. PSC is a great company to work with and produce great products.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $900
Rating 2
Pros great design
Cons doesn't fit the newer JKs
Recommended no

Comments: After contacting poison spyder (which wanted me to take a HUGE chunk out of the firewall to make it fit) I returned it to 4wheelparts. Quite a disappointing experience from such a high end brand.
I would like to say I'd reccomend this cage to all but the JK.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Price $400
Pros Good fit, nice beveling, laser etched
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: Good craftsmanship, all bends, bevels, and lengths were perfect. All bolt holes lined up with no problems. Make sure and clean thoroughly before painting. The little laser etching marks like to trap oil that you thought was clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price $1000
Pros Very easy and sturdy
Cons Have to paint it, doesn't come powder coated.
Recommended yes

Comments: While wheeling i feel very safe if I ever roll my Jeep, Poison Spyder has made the best cage i have ever put in on the JK. It has very good and mean look to it also and you cant tell you have a cage just by the windshield.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Price $1
Pros .
Cons .
Recommended yes

Comments: .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.