Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

PLEASE HELP!

284 Views 11 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  JKUnlimitedX
I know this isn't where this goes but for some reason I can't post in the classifieds. I am in need of a 42RLE Automatic Transmission for my 2009 Wrangler 3.8L. I have searched on various websites and found some but hoping I can get it somewhat cheaper then what they want to charge me. This came very unexpectedly, as most big repairs do, and I am a one income household so doing what I can. I'm already looking at about $1000 in just labor alone. I'm in Northwestern PA but can travel within reason. Please let me know if you have anything or know someone who does. I'd greatly appreciate it!!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
13,334 Posts
try this MAYBE just MAYBE there is a reason not shifting - have jeep scanned for codes post ALL codes you get.

Yu should use a SCANNER capable of all modules BUT just get it scanned and post here.

If the CEL is on mst auto part stores will scan as a customer service...

There is a history of concerns with this trans 42RLE.

· Registered
2009 Wrangler Unlimited X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did scan for codes at the first garage and they would clear them take it for a drive. As soon as it started moving the it would act up again and the code would be back. It's currently sitting at the 2nd garage right now. It's not drive able. But I will call them & ask if they happened to do a scan & if I could get the codes.

· Registered
13,334 Posts
well if you do not repair the problem the code will set again.

Second gear is a default LIMP MODE - The trans computer is not commanding gear changes.

· Registered
1 Posts
I know this isn't where this goes but for some reason I can't post in the classifieds. I am in need of a 42RLE Automatic Transmission for my 2009 Wrangler 3.8L. I have searched on various websites and found some but hoping I can get it somewhat cheaper then what they want to charge me. This came very unexpectedly, as most big repairs do, and I am a one income household so doing what I can. I'm already looking at about $1000 in just labor alone. I'm in Northwestern PA but can travel within reason. Please let me know if you have anything or know someone who does. I'd greatly appreciate it!!
Although I can't help you with that. But I can help you with other car parts. If you want, feel free to contact me and I will apply for a discount for you. Here are the links:
MotorbyMotor
AFA-motors

· Registered
2009 Wrangler Unlimited X
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well if you do not repair the problem the code will set again.

Second gear is a default LIMP MODE - The trans computer is not commanding gear changes.

Yea, I get that but I wasn't there while the mechanic was doing this or I probably would've said just that. So how do you reset the computer or is there something causing the computer to do this? If I can avoid from buying a Trans I'd be eternally grateful 🙏🏻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts