Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need need pin-out or wiring diagram for 04 moon roof. My moon roof is stuck in vent position and I cant figure it out. I checked wires at switch and out of the 4 wires, I have 1 ground and 2 wires getting 12 volt. I havent tore into checking the motor yet, but I will have to know the pin-out first cause it seems that the motor has 10 pins in the connector.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Mark, this circuit you have posted has got virtually nothing to do with a "Moon-roof"....which is something I have never heard of of so that is why I have never seen it anywhere.

If you follow those outlets "A,B,C and D" you will see that they go to the normal powered windows. Your circuit is OK if you follow where the Sunroof Relay is shown..namely 8W-64-2!

Assuming a "Moon-roof" is another name for a Power Sunroof, then the correct circuit from the 2005 Service Manual is page 8W-64-2 as shown here:

@fordnutjm....this circuit does not show 10 wires in the sunroof motor assembly as you have stated......the 2003 Service Manual has a similar picture but does have a "Sunroof Power Relay" as shown here and the wire colors from the switch are different to this circuit.
What color wires do you have coming off off the Sunroof Switch?

If you have a Red wire going to pin 1 on the Sunroof motor there should be +12 volts on it....if not then the Power Sunroof Relay may be faulty and you can swap it out...or fuse 32.

If you have a Violet/White wire going to pin 1 on the Sunroof motor then it should have +12 volts on it...there is no relay involved in this case only fuse 32.....as shown in the 2003 KJ Service Manual circuitry.

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well you caught me. You are absolutely right. I followed the table of contents to the first sun roof reference and all it shows is the power sun roof relay but none of the resulting circuitry. You are right, the complete circuit is on 8w-64. Nice catch, thanks. And yes, I hear moon roof and sun roof used interchangeably. I guess it only matters whether it is day or night.
Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.