Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I have
2008 grand cherokee Laredo s with Boston acoustics system
Pioneer avh2550nex head unit
Maestro ads-mrr adapter module

Ive got everything working, but the only problem is the backup camera
I have the adapter that converts the factory wiring to an rca plug for the camera input.

The camera works but only when I switch to its input manually....and it only works (in manual) when i have the jeep in reverse. Why wont it pop up the camera screen automatically when i put the jeep in reverse....???

Any help would be great

·
Registered
512 Posts
You're not getting a signal on the reverse switch line on the head unit.

The factory backup camera only has power when in reverse. If your head unit can access it when in reverse, but not automatically, then the head unit doesn't know you're in reverse

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not getting a signal on the reverse switch line on the head unit.

The factory backup camera only has power when in reverse. If your head unit can access it when in reverse, but not automatically, then the head unit doesn't know you're in reverse
Agreed and I think that is supposed to all be done through the maestro module....the pioneer doesnt have a reverse trigger wire (usually violet and white tracer) but it communicates that in through idatalink maestro. So....im stumped

·
Registered
512 Posts
You need to double check that wiring harness. There has to be some way for the receiver to get a reverse trigger.

Also, have you changed the camera settings to enable the reverse camera? You have the find "Back Camera Input" in settings and set it to "on"

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
the maestro listens to the CAN bus to know when the vehicle is in reverse and then activates a voltage signal that you must wire to the head unit with the appropriate harness (the reverse signal does not go across the data link from the maestro to the head unit).

according to the manual for the 2550nex, it does still have the reverse signal input on the power plug. double check your wiring harness diagrams to see where you need to make that connection.

also, you flashed the maestro with the correct firmware for your jeep and head unit?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You need to double check that wiring harness. There has to be some way for the receiver to get a reverse trigger.

Also, have you changed the camera settings to enable the reverse camera? You have the find "Back Camera Input" in settings and set it to "on"
Thanks for the reply. Yea I have the backup camera input on.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the maestro listens to the CAN bus to know when the vehicle is in reverse and then activates a voltage signal that you must wire to the head unit with the appropriate harness (the reverse signal does not go across the data link from the maestro to the head unit).

according to the manual for the 2550nex, it does still have the reverse signal input on the power plug. double check your wiring harness diagrams to see where you need to make that connection.

also, you flashed the maestro with the correct firmware for your jeep and head unit?
Wonder if i have the wrong power plug then. I got the radio used. Cant remember if i had to purchase the plug or it came with it...each pinout on the stereo wiring has a wire in the plug...hmmm

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it solved. For some reason my pioneer plug didnt have a wire in the plug for the camera power. Added one. Done

1 - 8 of 8 Posts