Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Opihi59 said I should post a thread for this, So here goes.

I found a little relief for those of you that are blocked on PB. If you use Google Chrome, you can click on the link below. It will give you an option to add it to Chrome. Then when you click on a thread that has pics blocked by PBuckit, you'll be able to see all the pics on the thread. But you won't be able to "Save Picture As" to your PC, and a link won't work. You can "Copy Picture" to your PC though, then open it up with something like MSPaint.

Here is the link for Chrome:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...on?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

Also today I found a link for Firefox. It's basically the same thing, just add it to your Firefox.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/

I haven't found a fix for my phone yet. Maybe someone can find one. Someone said that the Chrome one works on their Mac.

These may not be a permanent fix, but they are working for now.

·
from here it gets rough
5,827 Posts
Sticky!!!!! Mods will pick up on this pretty quickly and sticky this across the forum at large. If not, quick PM to Jerry Bransford would be my recommendation.......no disrespect to our f12 mods, Jerry is just one of those "across the board" admin/mods that would make it happen.

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pass it around.

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was able to install the add-on to my Android phone, for Firefox. The Chrome add-on doesn't seem to work on my phone though. I rarely use my phone for getting on the forum though. What type of tablet do you have?

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have both on my Samsung. You can download the Firefox app.

·
from here it gets rough
5,827 Posts
@toximus--Not for me, I just checked my posts that have photos in them I had hosted to Photobucket and I can still see the images.

What browser/type computer are you currently using?

·
Premium Member
4,099 Posts
@toximus--Not for me, I just checked my posts that have photos in them I had hosted to Photobucket and I can still see the images.

What browser/type computer are you currently using?
Chrome, Windows 10. I've tried 3 different plugins (1 at a time).

Edit: It looks like the thread I was trying to view the person deleted all of their pictures....

·
from here it gets rough
5,827 Posts
Apple. Chrome. At least for me.

Anyone else with an issue?

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you're reading this, and want to check to see if it works. Click the link below, on either Chrome or Firefox, and you should be able to see the pictures. As of 5 minutes ago, they were both working on my PC.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/ax-5-5th-gear-clip-collar-repair-without-trans-removal-908252/

Although I had to add it again to my Firefox browser. Not because it wasn't working, but because I reinstalled Firefox, and it didn't make it back to the reinstall.

OT::ranton: I hate Firefox 57. If you're still running 56, don't upgrade to 57. Turn off you're auto updates, and notifications. Half of all the add-ons for customizing won't work anymore(which is the best part of Firefox), and it will crash more often. I spent half my day yesterday, reverting back to 56.:rantoff:

I feel better now.

·
Electric Chair Operator
14,706 Posts
ot::ranton: I hate firefox 57. If you're still running 56, don't upgrade to 57. Turn off you're auto updates, and notifications. Half of all the add-ons for customizing won't work anymore (which was the best part of firefox), and it will crash more often. I spent half my day yesterday, reverting back to 56.:rantoff:

I feel better now.
fify 0:)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Opihi59 said I should post a thread for this, So here goes.

I found a little relief for those of you that are blocked on PB. If you use Google Chrome, you can click on the link below. It will give you an option to add it to Chrome. Then when you click on a thread that has pics blocked by PBuckit, you'll be able to see all the pics on the thread. But you won't be able to "Save Picture As" to your PC, and a link won't work. You can "Copy Picture" to your PC though, then open it up with something like MSPaint.
FWIW: The reason you can not "save as" is because when you go to save the picture it comes in with no file extension such as: ( .txt .jpg )

P1000845.jpg_original

Just add the file extension ( .jpg ) when you go to save the pic in a folder...

P1000845.jpg_original.jpg

Or: Just delete ( _original )

.....Willy

·
from here it gets rough
5,827 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm.

·
Wot's...uh The Deal?
6,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
FWIW: The reason you can not "save as" is because when you go to save the picture it comes in with no file extension such as: ( .txt .jpg )

P1000845.jpg_original

Just add the file extension ( .jpg ) when you go to save the pic in a folder...

P1000845.jpg_original.jpg

Or: Just delete ( _original )

.....Willy
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but when I try to "save image as", it already has the .jpg extension. But when I try to open it, no image app will be able to open it. All I can do is "copy image", then paste it into an app like MSpaint. Then I can save that file.

Try it out for yourself with this thread.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/ax-5-5th-gear-clip-collar-repair-without-trans-removal-908252/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.