Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the pass window auto up feature only works with pass window door switch not driver door switch. the auto down feature works with both. makes no sense.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Same thing literally just happened to me this last month where the auto up feature on the driver's side stopped working. I haven't had time to look into it yet, but I assume the tracks need some lubrication or the motor is getting worn and drawing more current than it should and trips the safety stop feature of the auto up system.

/subscribed anyway in case it is something else puerile have seen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing literally just happened to me this last month where the auto up feature on the driver's side stopped working. I haven't had time to look into it yet, but I assume the tracks need some lubrication or the motor is getting worn and drawing more current than it should and trips the safety stop feature of the auto up system.

/subscribed anyway in case it is something else puerile have seen
I am probably just gonna go to a pull your own part yard around me and hit up a few jeeps. Just hope I grab the right one since there are 2 different options... TBH its not big deal really being its just the passenger window auto up doesnt work.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine was doing that also. I took The switch that wasn't working apart and was able to fix it. There's a little metal tab that creates a circuit and it just needs to be bent back down. It's like a little spring type connection.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Have you tried resetting the switch? The auto feature has stopped working a couple of times since I've owned my Jeep and a quick reset makes it work again. I don't remember the procedure but it's something like make your windows go up and then down while holding the button.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Take the drivers switch unit out and give it a good cleaning with electrical parts cleaner. Usually works wonders, fixed mine and other window switches. drivers in particular, sees the most dirt, moisture , crud etc. from use.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It's pretty easy to take apart. This picture is from a different vehicle, but it's pretty similar to what was in my driver side switch. I cleaned the contact points and bent the tabs a bit more so the points pushed harder against each other. It worked for my switch, maybe worth a shot for yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
I had made a post to this thread regarding this but it seems to have been deleted with the new upgrade.

Anwyay...I had the same issue and it was just a matter of taking apart the switch assembly and cleaning it all. That thing gets pretty dirty pretty quick.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had made a post to this thread regarding this but it seems to have been deleted with the new upgrade.

Anwyay...I had the same issue and it was just a matter of taking apart the switch assembly and cleaning it all. That thing gets pretty dirty pretty quick.
I will look into it when I get my jeep back. It had to go in for a no crank no start. Waiting to hear back on what it is or the fix that is needed. I thought about this also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts