Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I pulled it out of my 2001 SM. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I pulled it out of my 2001 SM. Hope this helps.
Thanks! He suspects that there is supposed to be a spacer that goes between the carrier bearings and the case (someone has been in the diff before).
Also struggling to find part numbers specific to the Dana "Super 30" with hydra-loc, for example, a bearing install kit.

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
174 Posts
I cant belive how hard it is to find an expanded parts diagram for this axle!
there is a web page you can get the FACTORY SERVICE MANUAL from just google SERVICE manual for 1993-2004 jeep grand cherokee. i found it and downloaded it to my desktop. also you can google parts diagram for a dana super 30..its not hard to find them.

·
Registered
2002 jeep Grand Cherokee 4.7
174 Posts
I guess that's somewhat encouraging. Of course I've tried using search engines. Maybe I'm too old now to use computers? It has to happen some day.
Please post a link if you don't mind.The hydra-lok / vari-lok version is different from other super 30's.

This one is the best that I've found, it's not too bad.
Differential - Front Axle - 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
yeah i see what you mean im 67 yrs old so no your not to old. computers and search engines are a pain in the ***. search using dana 30 axles or dana 30 rear ends or jeep grand cherokee dana 30 diagrams. i remember when the word was computers were goiing save everyone a lot of time...well bull**** they drive me crazy at times..

what i should of advised is do the search once you google it "parts diagram for dana super 30 " up on top of google you can see " all, images" , then more options...hit the images it shall take you to see images of the parts diagrams. you can click one and it will become larger and find the correct diagram they look very similar to what your link shows but will also have a small box in the parts diagram which will show the clutch pack for the vari-lok or hydra-lok both the same thing, why it is called the two names is not something i can answer you nor could the local dealers tell me.
i pulled the dana 44A carrier out of a LIMITED model and its has HYDRA-lok on the carrier. i pulled both axles too. i should of pulled the entire rear end differential not just the carrier and axles. now im going to wait until spring and pull both front dana 30 and the rear dana 44A differentials but im going to pull both from the overland model with the UP COUNTRY springs and shocks that give a 1" lift too if i can find the overland with the up country option....the clutch packs are no longer available for the Hydra-lok or the Vari-lok system. thing is many had a shop drain and refill fluid and shop never refilled with the friction additive so the clutch pack didn't work well and so it went to the junk yards. if you do add the correct fluid with the friction additive the clutch pack can come back to life...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts