Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i have ground up restoration that has a new fiberglass body. It was finished by someone that i bought the jeep from. It was mollested by a box of cheap green spray paint. Im really clueless in what i should do with it. I like the truck liners but havent seen any good pictures of the finished jeeps here.

But i also like the gloss of a nicely done paint job. If you have a photo of your jeep and it was self painted or lined. I would like to c them. Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like that alot, in a thead, soeone said it came with the paint gun? is it herculiner? Would u think about putting it on the out side of the tube too?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just picked up the raptor kit from TP tools last week. It was on sale, got it for $111 shipped. I was thinking about painting the inside of the tub a gloss black to save some time and $$$, but after the cost of the paint and hardener I was above $50 in just materials. The prep is about the same between the two and the application is basically the same. With the bedliner you wont notice the inevitable scratches and its said and done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really want to c outer jeep down with this stuff! Post some pictures please!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Here are a few shots of mine

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Nicely done on those pictures, were those jobs done by rollers or spray? How long was it to complete you whole jeep doeboy? is it herculiner, cause ive nerver seen that color! How many gallons did it take?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Really want to c outer jeep down with this stuff! Post some pictures please!
Check out Durabak - they make 16 colors for interior and exterior and have many pics on their site :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
whats the diffrence with the other brands? they all about the same? Any one use the smooth roll on from durabak?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Check out Durabak - they make 16 colors for interior and exterior and have many pics on their site :thumbsup:
Here's a few pics of Durabak on my CJ;

Later, T.J.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Nicely done on those pictures, were those jobs done by rollers or spray? How long was it to complete you whole jeep doeboy? is it herculiner, cause ive nerver seen that color! How many gallons did it take?
That was do e with the dupicolor bed liner it can be rolled or sprayed. I rolled the first coat and sprayed the second then did a light mist third coat. After it was dry I primered the out side then sprayed 2 coats metalic blue and 2 coats gloss. Total time including prep was 10 hours or so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Javatee. How many coats it that on your jeep. very creative! How many gallons of each color did it take you?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
your CJ looks awesome! JavaTee, I am also curious haw many gallons it took to cover your tub, did you do the underside also?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Javatee. How many coats it that on your jeep. very creative! How many gallons of each color did it take you?
I undercoated the frame & tub with KBS coatings frame kit. Then I used 1 gallon of the green (2 coats inside the tub, 1 outside), I ordered 2 quarts of black (used 1 1/2), 1 quart of brown (used 1/2), and one quart of tan (used 1/4). If you guys use this, PLEASE, PLEASE do the prep work, and wear throw away clothes, and use latex gloves.

My wife did the camo design outline, and I finished the rest.

I undercoated the tub with the KBS, and painted the Durbak - black in the rear fenderwells (I want to see how well it holds up).

Thanks for the complements, it was a 7 month restoration/rebuild on the tub.
(The tub, fenders, and hood were wire wheeled to bare metal.) You might have noticed the rear fenderwells were rebuilt by me, and under the seats I also replaced the diamond plated areas.

Later, T.J.

·
Registered
710 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts