Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any issues with this code. I have done a few searches and have come up short.
I have found out its a cam position sensor circuit B bank 2.
The code will clear, then I hit a bump in the road and it triggers again.
I was just trying to figure out what was going on before I bring it in.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,283 Posts
It would be nice to know what year JK you are asking about.

The code has 9 possible causes listed. 6 of the items involve wires that are open or shorted to power or ground. Getting the code only when hitting a bump makes me think it's a loose connector, or one of the 6 possible causes.

If you want to check it out before taking it in, look at the connector and wires on the rear of the left valve cover. (Left as viewed from the driver's seat.)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ron,
Its a 12, sorry. I forget to note that.
I have read about it. Looked at the wires, all looks tight. I will have another look today. A search didnt help much and didnt know if this was an issue others have run into or not.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So an update,
here is what has been happening, while driving down the road, every once in a while I hit a bump, I get the cel light on and it goes into de rate mode, (if thats what you call it)
So I can shut it off, re sets the de rate mode, then keep driving, hit another bump in the road, and it goes back into limp mode,

I took it in today, chrysler told the tech to swap the sensors, no luck. Then chrysler said to change the oil, ??? ok.. Tech took it for a ride and he is still getting the code. So now chrysler wants me to take the jeep, if the code triggers again, chrysler will make a new wiring harness from the cam sensors to the pcm.

I talked to the tech and told him he might as well order the connectors he needs, So I am going to pick it up tomorrow and see what happens.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, change the oil.
So picked it up today, they said they were going to make a new harness from the cam sensors to the pcm. And I found out its not covered under warranty. SO I told the dealer order me the plugs and I will make up a new harness and install it. I wasnt paying them 350 dollars for making a new harness.
I called chrysler, they said too bad, I talked to the dealer, they said they would see what he could do for me. At least he is trying.

So it continues....

·
Registered
2 Posts
been having the same issue on my 13 rubi, mine only happens when i am going uphill, have changed out both sensors but it does the same thing. has anyone had any luck with a resolution?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts