Optima Yellow Top [$300]

41040 131
Product Information
Price $300
Rating 4
Average Price $1276.63
Manufacturer Optima
Recommended Yes: 127 / No: 6

Demand more from your vehicle? Then get more from your battery. OPTIMA YellowTop batteries are made for the extremes. If you have an extreme vehicle, you expect high performance. Whether your vehicle is made to take the abuse of off-road driving or cranking out decibels, you need more from your battery. OPTIMA batteries with patented SPIRALCELL® Technology deliver that performance. The deep cycle characteristic of this technology coupled with its extreme resistance to vibration provides performance vehicles with the repetitive power they need in a spill-proof package.

If your vehicle has a lot of accessories like running lights, high-performance stereo/AV system, winches, or hydraulics, your vehicle demands more from its battery. OPTIMA YellowTOP batteries provide the extra performance and deep cycling capability that your vehicle demands.

www.optimabatteries.com

Attachments

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Price $165
Pros Just wanted the best battery for multiple and simultaneous use of accessories.
Cons Price
Recommended yes

Comments: I have noticed that my rig runs smoother now that I have an industry proven electrical powerhouse under the hood. I was smart. Used my military discount and my 20$ credit at Autozone to by this baby. Totally impressed and happy with the performance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Price $200
Pros Dont have the words,but Awesome.
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: My alternator went out when i hit a mud hole with too much water. My xj stayed running, i winched out, ran all headlights and offroad lights, radio, all while the alternator was out. It took 2 hours to get home, this battery never let the lights dim. Best battery and only battery i'll ever own again.
***** 5 stars

·
Registered
23 Posts
Price $200
Pros Can mount in any position, won't leak!
Cons Cost
Recommended yes

Comments: Removed stock air cleaner box & added free flow K&N with short 3" pipe (terminates in front of master cyl).

Placed battery tray for 2nd battery, in oem location of air box.

Run Vortex dual battery isolator with interior led power strength meter.

Changed stock 117A alternator for 180A aftermarket custom alternator (stock alt with custom windings & beefed components - $160).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Price $175
Pros Holds great power with the winch.
Cons Expensive but you get what you pay for.
Recommended yes

Comments: The yellow top is a great deep cycle battery. Cant beat the side post hook up. And with running the CB works oustanding. If you have a winch and some electronics you cant go wrong with this one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Price $159
Pros more cranking power
Cons steep price
Recommended yes

Comments: notice right away, the way vehicle starts and all lights are brighter.nice for wiring a winch and accessories to the top posts & using side posts just for starting.this is with the 34/78 model, the 34 has just top posts.both fit perfect...

·
Premium Member
3,326 Posts
Price $200
Rating 3
Pros Deep Cycle, gell cell
Cons questionable reliability, crappy warranty policy.
Recommended no

Comments: I drained one with a dome light, and it wouldn't hole a charge after that. Got a warranty replacement and haven't had a problem with it yet (going on 4 years now). I may have one of the last decent ones before the QC went to down the drain. I'm buying a Sears Die Hard when this one dies.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Price $35
Pros It's an Optima. You can't kill it!
Cons Takes a lot to recharge from deep discharge.
Recommended yes

Comments: It's an Optima, what's not to love?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Price $300
Pros lots of power and looks nice
Cons overcharging is easy
Recommended yes

Comments: Mine powers a 1000 watt amplifier, 4 KC highlighters, and an 8000lb winch. I havent ever had a problem with it and im planning on adding two more amps and a cb radio. It has worked for me and im sure will work for you too

·
RIP one good jeeper
21,304 Posts
Price $160
Pros Works when I need it to everytime
Cons None
Recommended yes

Comments: I must be lucky with all this bad hype about optima batteries being terrible, I have zero problems with mine and i dont have to worry about leaving my lights on for a few hours because it doesn't even phase it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Price $189.99
Pros I can leave my lights and stereo on and only have a low voltage start, if you get stuck and need some power this is a great battery.
Cons N/A
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought this battery mostly because of the dual purpose poles the battery. It's way easier to mount winches, extra lighting, an air compressor and all kinds of stuff without killing your battery and alternator.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Price $170
Pros Dependability
Quality
Durability
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought this after my stock battery died. I have had no issues with it whatsoever. I have had the radio playing with the Jeep turned off for hours at the time and it fired right up. I also have had to use my winch a few times and have not had any issues with that either. Def recommend this battery to anyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Price $190
Pros great for deep cycle use shock proof
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: i've had this battery for 6 years dropped it on moving pullys on the floor the hot exhaust killed it powering a number of things still starts right up can't imagine a better battery

·
Registered
20 Posts
Price $144.17
Pros Two sets of terminals, seems to last forever
Cons only a 3 year warranty
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased my first yellow top for my F150 several years ago, always worked like a champ. When i got my CJ i went out and bought another yellow top optima. Still no complaints, and now the warranty is 3 years instead of only 1.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.