·
Registered
15 Posts
Price $145.99
Pros Lithium Battery
Side posts
Cons Has some difficulty cranking over the engine in the morning
Recommended yes

Comments: This battery is the most expensive one ive bought. I like it because of the life expectancty, and the side posts. The only reason i dont like it, but you'd get this with almost any battery when its 0 degrees out, it takes a little longer to start my jeep in winter.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Price $180
Pros Its a great Battery
Cons none: never failed me..
Recommended yes

Comments: The optima is just a good all around battery. You can mount it anyway you want; if you tip it over it does not leak acid. Also great if you are running auxiliary lights,winches,sound systems, etc.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Price $130
Pros great battery for add ons
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: survived many harsh michigan winters and using a winch and lights. lasted 7 years total and just had to replace it. i had side and top posts on it for hooking up more electrical crap. very nice buy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Price $145
Pros Solid trusted battery
Cons A little pricey
Recommended yes

Comments: I tried the stock replacement battery in my 97 tj and it wouldnt start. The old battery was a 1020 amp battery, so I went with the 1000 amp optima. Fired right up, rain, shine, cold, hot never fails.

·
swampbutt
159 Posts
Price $199
Rating 5
Pros great start all the time, runs so many things at once, will never leave you wishing you had bought another battery.
Cons none
Recommended yes

Comments: this battery is the king of all batteries. it may cost a little more, but it is well worth the money. i had an altinator go on my jeep and i still was able to go to work and back three days in a row with out a single problem. then i replaced the alt and it charged it right up and i'm still driving on it today. take my word for it, if you have the money buy it, you will never find a better battery on the market today.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Price $126
Rating 5
Pros Does its job
Cons Need to fab a more secure battery tray...or use bungie cords
Recommended yes

Comments: Never had a single problem with the smallest version of the Red Top.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Price $159
Pros LOTS....
Cons NONE
Recommended yes

Comments: I bought this battery brand new from Auto Zone, and what a great buy. The cycle on it is strong, I killed the battery with my headlights overnight within the first month of having it. Jumped it, ran it for 4-5 mins. in park, cut it off, cranked right back up with no Problems at all. Good guarantee, strong case, and a limited warranty that pays for itself...2 yr. battery charge guarantee or replace.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Price $150
Pros No more battery problems. Ever.
Cons Price
Recommended yes

Comments: This is the only battery I will buy. I had one in my 99 TJ. No problems. Then I bought a Hummer and the dealership had to replace the factory battery 5 times the first year! I got sick of going to the dealership and bought another Optima. 4 years later, no problems (and I beat the tar out of my electrical system every day!) When I bought my 93 YJ, an Optima was my very first purchase.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price $170
Pros Battery has plenty of power and can be mounted anywhere.
Cons The somewhat odd shape makes it a little difficult to mount.
Recommended yes

Comments: I have used Optima batteries in many project vehicles. These things are bullet proof! I have never had to replace an Optima battery because of wear. The only time I needed a replacement is when I overcharged them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Price $150
Pros lasts forever, won't spill
Cons expensive
Recommended yes

Comments: Aside from the price, it is awesome. I don't have to worry about the battery acid pouring out when I'm on extreme inclines or angles. I can run my fan to cool my CJ for 15 minutes with the engine off and it starts no problem.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Price $139
Pros Good cranking power.
Cons Expensive.
Recommended yes

Comments: I go to the drive in movies alot and I've got a small system with 2 Alpine Amps and a 10" JL Sub. I can watch 2 movies with the system running on battery and not have to worry about the car not starting.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Price $1
Pros solid batt.
Cons nadda
Recommended yes

Comments: Always a solid starter. No issues what-so-ever. Nice to be able to have a battery on an incline without the issue of acid leaking out.

81 - 100 of 134 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.