Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
4wheel parts is offering if you buy the XRC front and rear tire carrier bumper they will give you free the XRC fender flares (normally $400). I like the bumpers and seem to be a good cost point, just not sure about them. I wish the front had provisions for the factory foglights. I am also kind of torn between the mid and full lenght. The other I really like is the rampage bumpers. They have a rear with tire carrier as well but can't find any reviews on it. So what are your opinions? I have read bad and good about Smittybilt.

Thx
i have the smittybilt xrc, both front and rear.

no issues with the rear at all, the tire carrier is stout and the latch holding the gate is very firm. a bit better clearance coming out of an obstacle then stock.

however, after a few months of having the front now i am debating getting something a bit more minimalist. not because the bumper is failing me in any way, its just very large compared to what i thought it looked like in pictures. which is really personal taste and not the bumpers fault. :laugh:

·
Registered
775 Posts
skivviss, did u bedline your fender liners?
nope. fenders are still stock until i figure out if i want tube ones or just hacking the stock ones. the stock ones are torn up pretty good from branches and rocks trying to touch my jeep.

or if i misunderstood and you meant inside the jeep. not yet, i do plan to strip all the carpet and bedline the entire interior.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've got both the front and back...love em both! The back rattles a bit, but that is expected from any bumper with tire carrier.
i do have some rattle from my back, but i've traced it to the supposedly required third brake light mounting. i really need to double check my local ordinances to see if i can get that sight blocking annoyance off my rig. :D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wow. My opinion on the XRC rear bumper changed shortly after this thread.

The rear latch mechanism wasn't very durable, over a few hundred miles of washboards it developed a worsening fitment until it will no longer remain latched without a ratchet strap-like solution to keep it closed.

Both the front and rear have taken some great abuse on the rocks. My issue is just with that tire carrier latch mechanism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.