1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Product Information
Price $179
Rating 3
Average Price $138.17
Manufacturer Omix-Ada
Recommended Yes: 9 / No: 0

7" Extended Fender Flares for 1997-2006 Jeep Wranglers.

OEM Construction

Attachments

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Price $150
Rating 3
Pros Coverage for your tires if your state has laws against exposed tires, inexpensive, complete bolt on
Cons Looks goofy with the wrong tire / wheel combination, fade fairly easy
Recommended yes

Comments: I got these flares just because of the state I live in (Pennsylvania) the law requires full tire coverage. They are kind of nice because the Jeep doesn't get as dirty as it use to when going off-roading, but they do fade really easy and look really goofy.

I must say though, they are pretty durable when it comes to coming into contact with trees or other obstacles. They took a couple nice hits and haven't cracked.

My girlfriends dad runs the same flares but has a 33x12.50 tires on a 15x10 wheel and it gives it a nice wide, aggressive stance.

-Justin

·
Registered
550 Posts
Rating 4
Pros Cheap, wide enough to cover all tires, Keeps you legal
Cons looks funny if your tire does not fill it out
Recommended yes

Comments: If you want a stock style flare that is large enough to cover 12.5" wide tires, this is the flare for you! Very durable, i dented mine in against a tree, then flipped it ove and hammered the dent back out, and now it is barely noticeable. easily painted, and straight forward install!

·
Accident Prone Bonehead
2,673 Posts
Rating 4
Pros Covers almost any tire at a great price. Hard to hurt.
Cons I got teased that I had park bench seats.
Recommended yes

Comments: If you need a flare this large it's hard to beat for the money. If I did bash them in I just got a white coloring on them that paint would fix. They were tough enough for my little girl to jump on.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Rating 4
Pros Very Rugged for extreme wheelin, and very affordable
Cons Not the best for the pretty boy jeeps...
Recommended yes

Comments: I have these flares on my 94 YJ. I have had them smashed flat against the body, even though the sheet metal recieved dents the flares snapped right back into shape with a few scratches, but that matches the rest of my rig. I would assume that very cold temperatures would make them brittle. However if and when I need flares again, Omix will be my choice

·
Registered
163 Posts
Price $179
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: These were an easy and complete kit to install, all hardware parts were replaced.
They have held up to some tree bumping.I did crack one on a tree but it was hit fairly hard so I dont blame that on the flare at all. For $180 shipped its great.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Price $180
Pros clean stock look, got my jeep to inspection due to wheel/tire set up
Cons haven't found any yet, have had for 9 months
Recommended yes

Comments: Stock look with the extended flares for large wheel / tire set-ups. Great product for the buck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.